Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Subsequence Time Code Default to Zero

New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community, 

I make subsequences a lot with a key stroke as I find it is the fastest way to make new sequences out of selections in a sequence. 

My problem is the timecode of the new sunsequence never starts at zero. I know you can change this manually by clicking on the hamburger menu of any sequence and then Timecode and changing it to zero.

Strangely, if you make a selection from a sequence and drag it onto the new button in the project window it solves this problem, it makes a new subsequence and the timecode starts at zero.

Any ideas on how to solve this with a keystroke?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Editing , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

I found the solution

In the tab for the timeline name there are three lines, click on that, the pop up menu that appears has an option a little less than halfway down from the top called "Start Time". Click it and another pop up gives you the ability to set the start time of the whole sequence. You can also set it to be default start time for future sequences.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes I find that annoying too.

No idea how fix this with kbsc.

Premiere Pro: Hot (1864 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Preferences would be nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ann

Fastest workaround I found is to make the subsequence then keystroke "Start Time" which mercifully accepts a single "0" character to set timecode to zero. 

Anyone have the real solution please chime in!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the solution

In the tab for the timeline name there are three lines, click on that, the pop up menu that appears has an option a little less than halfway down from the top called "Start Time". Click it and another pop up gives you the ability to set the start time of the whole sequence. You can also set it to be default start time for future sequences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you ✌️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the solution! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2023 Sep 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, this was ridiculously well explained; I often get lost when people use wordy language or not enough precision, but this was fantastic, I followed each step and got what I was looking for. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I feel your pain. I've looked for solutions to things that were way overly technical and assumed a knowledge of UI's I didn't have (with something like Blender) and took forever to find out HOW to do the what. I try to be as concise as possible when I can actually pass on something I've learned. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines