• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Subtitle in Premier Pro update 15.0, can I create Ghost box for subtitles rather than the full one?

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have been subtitling in Premier and with the update I wanted to now if there are other options for subtitle boxing, for older projects I have Ghost Box and I'd like o match  that style for similar projects.

Thanks

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is Ghost Box?

Can you give a screenshot of one your old images.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ghost box.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a major issue but as I am subtitling lots of clips I want older projects and newer to be consistent, so this box follows the line length rather than one full block. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

User control for that is rather limited yet with this new system. One of the engineers actually posted on another thread, and was "intereste" that someone wanted tobe able to set what the background was, whether it was a solid block or only behind the text of each line as it is.

Like a lot of things, we'll need to have them up the capabilities of this subtantially ... soon. And for that, PLEASE go over to the UserVoice sytem, search for "captions", and upvote EVERY usable idea.

Their upper management (above the program teams) makes budget/feature decision lists from metrics. This is the one metri we users can affect, that actually gets up to them at least in a collated form.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. The design of captions is rather limited. 

I used a specific subtitling software but that is no longer available so I am testing others. 

It would also be great if you could import text files rather than SRT files only so you could split the subtitles in Premier too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely, we need the ability to import text files for captioning. With the ability to split them up.

Or ... have Pr able to read a line-break or some other 'key' as a break to the next caption block. Then we'd only need to drag to where we needed them, right?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you are describing the background style that I am going to call "Adaptive Per Line" - Each line get a background added based on each lines length. The current method is, I'll call it, "Adaptive Per Multiline" - Each caption block gets a background based on the maximum line length.

I think there is a feature request you can upvote, but I can't find the link at this moment...

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro?category_id=332650

The other options that users have requested (during the public beta at least) are static based on a set width that is a) full width of the frame or b) something less than the full frame. 

The padding of the background is adjustable in the Essential Graphics Panel.

At the moment, it appears that you cannot import a plain text (no timecode) file. Yes, this feature is needed.

I would  use something like SubtitleEdit, and let it add timecodes. 

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines