• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Subtitle Issues .srt files losing resolution upon enlarging

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Captions from rev.com in .srt format and when I enlarge them in my Premiere Pro timeline they lose a great deal of resolution. I'm trying to use them as burned-in subititles as well as closed captions for Vimeo. The .srt files work fine as Captions on Vimeo - perfect resolution.  Also, the .scc file doesn't appear at all when it's on my timeline.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't really want .scc or "closed" captions for sidecar files for Vimeo, Youtube, etc. Use what those platforms recommend (probably vtt, but unless you are using significant formatting, .srt is probably fine).

The caption stream pixel size must match the sequence. And you "enlarge" by changing the font size in the Caption panel.

There is a quality hit in the current caption tool, but it should not be as bad as you describe.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to export as burnt in titles?  Or just worried about how they display within Premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

toolboxpix,

Are the captions set to SD or HD size?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines