• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

subtitles box (black bar)in the open captions is not showing (Premiere Pro 14.9 and earlier)

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-03-04 at 10.43.08.png

When I try to add the next subtitles in the text box(black bar) is not showing in the caption track, it only shows a bit of the grey color, which means I cannot add the next subtitles, urgently need help!!!

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Press the = key (+ key) to zoom into the timeline so you can see what you are doing.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pull the last marker to the right.

afbeelding.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there, I tried it but it is not working, when I pulled, the grey one just disappeared, there is no text box out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post screenshot of the caption window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-03-04 at 12.01.25.png

after pull

Screenshot 2021-03-04 at 12.01.55.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the timeline.

Go to Window and open the panel for Captions.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/premiere-pro/using/working-with-captions.ug.htm...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I already opened the open captions, which only can show one text box, cannot add the next subtititles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now post a screenshot of the caption window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-03-04 at 13.40.01.png

 I can add the caption as many as I want but the text box(black bar) is not showing in the timeline and the texts cannot appear

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-03-04 at 13.43.35.png

when I add one more caption only show one more grey color but no text box(black bar), which cannot expand or pull at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I add a new caption, it only shows the grey part, there is no text box showing for me to type or drag, which I can do nothing about it, when I drag the grey part, it disappers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would help if you post a single screenshot that shows the Caption Panel, the timeline, and the Program Monitor. But not essential.

You need to zoom in on the timeline so you can see each caption.

Your first caption is 14 seconds long. Your second one is only 1 second. Ann was suggesting you drag out the length of the caption, but you are zoomed out so far that you can't see both ends of it. You can also make the adjustment in the Caption Panel, and then you'll also see it.

It will also help if you type some text in each caption.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-03-04 at 19.02.36.png

Hi there

As you can see, when I add the next caption it only shows half of the text box(black bar), which is only the left side, the grey part, but the black and right side is not showing. I can not type or drag or expand at all, I have closed and opened for many times but it is still the same result, I'm wondering how can I solve this problem??? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is helpful. You have still not zoomed in on the timeline. I did not realize how big an effect this has until I did the following experiment.

In my example, I have 3 captions: the first is about 3 seconds long, the second is one FRAME, and the third is one second.

In the first screenshot, I am zoomed out similar to yours: we see the 8 and 16 second marks. In that screenshot, we can see only the ending marker for the one frame and one second captions.

In the second screenshot, I am zoomed in so we see one second marks, and we can now see the one second long caption, but the one frame caption is still just an ending marker.

In the third screenshot, we are at the level of sever frames, and we can see the one frame caption.

Stan

PR Caption Timeline Zoom Out.PNG

PR Caption Timeline Zoom In.PNG

PR Caption Timeline Zoom Most.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so how can I solve this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press the = key (+ key) to zoom into the timeline so you can see what you are doing.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much, it is working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines