Highlighted

Subtitles change the brightness? of my video

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone.

Ive encountered a strange problem after exporting my newest video. Everytime a subtitle appears, it changes the brightness oder the colour of my video. Inside the programm this does not happen.

*Edit: Ive looked closer and it also appears inside the program, although more subtle. The options Ive selected for subtitles are "open subtitles". I havent put any effects on the video or the subtitles.

** Nice. Removing the subtitles doesnt change it. Now it stays even with subtitles.

The only options Ive selected for the export are Format h.264 and Youtube 1080p Full-HD. I havent touched the other settings. The options for the subtitles are locked.

I havent found any clue about why or a solution. Whats happening?

Topics

Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Subtitles change the brightness? of my video

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone.

Ive encountered a strange problem after exporting my newest video. Everytime a subtitle appears, it changes the brightness oder the colour of my video. Inside the programm this does not happen.

*Edit: Ive looked closer and it also appears inside the program, although more subtle. The options Ive selected for subtitles are "open subtitles". I havent put any effects on the video or the subtitles.

** Nice. Removing the subtitles doesnt change it. Now it stays even with subtitles.

The only options Ive selected for the export are Format h.264 and Youtube 1080p Full-HD. I havent touched the other settings. The options for the subtitles are locked.

I havent found any clue about why or a solution. Whats happening?

Topics

Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you exporting with hardware encoding? Try software.

Also, I always like to throw out the recommendation that you make subtitles with the Essential Graphics tool rather than the Captions tool unless you actually need to work with sidecar files. Maybe that doesn't apply here, but if you have no need to work with .srt's, then in my opinion you don't need to hamstring yourself with the captions tool.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that the "1" in the "with sub" image is a caption made with the Caption Tool using an Open Subtitling stream?

If you are using captions just to insert numbering, I agree with Joseph that you should just use the text/graphics.

Open Subtitling is a special form of closed caption. If you are burning in captions, you are looking for Open Captions.

Also, I just did a test and I see not color or brightness change with Open Subtitling.

Test by creating a new sequence with your source footage and see if the brightness/color issue gone.

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Tc-Mt LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your time and your responses.

Im quite the newbie and I havent found an option to change the way of encoding. I have, however, fixed the problem by exporting the vid without compression. I dont know why this fixed it. Afterwards I converted the vid to mp4 with another software and still... not the same problem as exporting directly to mp4.

I will dive into the essential graphics tool next time. Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines