• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Subtitles missing in Premiere 2021

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The subtitles/captions have suddenly disappeared in my premiere 15 project. They were originally made in premiere 14, but I've opened the project in v 15 a few weeks ago and then it worked fine. I have two versions of the same project, and it's the same problem in both of them. I've tried opening them on another Mac, and the problem is still there. But I can still open an old version of the project in premiere 14, so it doesn't seem to be a problem with the srt files.

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't recall anyone reporting this. In PR 14, you created the captions by importing srt? And when you opened that project in PR 15 (as a new name), it converted okay and the caption were in the new style caption track? And then they disappeared?

If you again open the PR 14 project in PR 15 (as a new name), are the captions there?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they used be there after I converted to Premiere 15 about a month ago, but they're gone. And if I open the Premiere 14 project in premiere 15 now, some of them are there but not all of them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version v15 includes improvement in the workflow of subtitles/Closed Captions. Most like your closed captions must be upgraded to the new workflow. Go to Window > Text and see if you have the captions.
The best would be to export your captions from v14 into the .srt file and import the .srt file in v15.

Please check the following links for more details -

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/in/premiere-pro/using/working-with-captions....

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta/discuss-new-captions-workflow-in-premiere-pro/m-p/1...

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing shows up in the text workspace.

Exporting the srt from v14 would be a good idea, but I can't figure out how to export the edited captions, as opposed to the whole original ones.

(I have several long clips of people speaking spanish that has been translated, and I've cut them down, edited them together in a timeline, etc.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the following help document of Adobe Premiere pro to export the captions from v14 -

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/premiere-pro/using/old-captions-workflow.html#Exportcaptions

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, that works as a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines