• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Subtitles not appearing in Premiere Pro CC?! (Premiere Pro 14.9 and earlier)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm trying to add captions/subtitles to short film edit in premiere pro cc, but they don't appear. See print screen below! What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Thanks! That was definitely part of the answer. I actually had it "enabled", but when I chose "Settings" I found that it was at "teletext", despite my original settings.

Anyway, problem solved! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Preview monitor, click on the wrench icon. Choose Closed Caption Display > Enable.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That was definitely part of the answer. I actually had it "enabled", but when I chose "Settings" I found that it was at "teletext", despite my original settings.

Anyway, problem solved! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same problem solved! thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have it set on enabled and the settings to CEA 708 service 1 (as are my subtitles) and yet I don't get my captions to show up... any other tips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom. Once it happened to me that some captions had disappeared while others were still visible. The reason was merely that we had inadvertently changed the motion attributes (position) in the effects tab of the source panel, so the missing subtitles were now below the image's bottom line. Have you tried simply resetting the captions' position?

Captura de pantalla 2018-09-03 a la(s) 12.32.48.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines