Highlighted

Subtitles not appearing in Premiere Pro CC?!

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm trying to add captions/subtitles to short film edit in premiere pro cc, but they don't appear. See print screen below! What am I doing wrong?

Correct answer by Spinspider | Community Beginner

Thanks! That was definitely part of the answer. I actually had it "enabled", but when I chose "Settings" I found that it was at "teletext", despite my original settings.

Anyway, problem solved! Thanks!

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Subtitles not appearing in Premiere Pro CC?!

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm trying to add captions/subtitles to short film edit in premiere pro cc, but they don't appear. See print screen below! What am I doing wrong?

Correct answer by Spinspider | Community Beginner

Thanks! That was definitely part of the answer. I actually had it "enabled", but when I chose "Settings" I found that it was at "teletext", despite my original settings.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 11, 2017 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Preview monitor, click on the wrench icon. Choose Closed Caption Display > Enable.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2017 3
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2017 1
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have it set on enabled and the settings to CEA 708 service 1 (as are my subtitles) and yet I don't get my captions to show up... any other tips?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2018 0
Participant ,
Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom. Once it happened to me that some captions had disappeared while others were still visible. The reason was merely that we had inadvertently changed the motion attributes (position) in the effects tab of the source panel, so the missing subtitles were now below the image's bottom line. Have you tried simply resetting the captions' position?

Captura de pantalla 2018-09-03 a la(s) 12.32.48.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 03, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are 3 other ways to create subtitles in Adobe Premiere Pro.
I hope this is helpful for anyone! 🙂

I'm going to show you 3 different ways of creating "captions" or "subtitles" in Adobe Premiere Pro: 1️⃣ Captions 2️⃣ Text Layer 3️⃣ Motion Graphics Template ...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 27, 2020 0