Highlighted

SUBTITLES PB : Client's Police visible inside the menu but doesn't come out corectly

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello !

First time I experience this problem : I download a police from my client (.otf). The correct name appears on my menu in premiere. When I create a subtitle the police doesn't appears whereas it works perfectly well when I create a basic title.

Do you have an idea?

Thank you so much

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

SUBTITLES PB : Client's Police visible inside the menu but doesn't come out corectly

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello !

First time I experience this problem : I download a police from my client (.otf). The correct name appears on my menu in premiere. When I create a subtitle the police doesn't appears whereas it works perfectly well when I create a basic title.

Do you have an idea?

Thank you so much

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 31, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you say "subtitle" do you mean caption?  I think that captions have a limitied capacity in terms of font options.  

and not sure what you mean by "Client's Police"

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I mean Caption. Let's say I download a new font and the problem is it doesn't come out correctly.

I don't know what I can do.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2020 0
Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as I said, I think your flexibility with fonts is limited with captions.   do some googling and see what answers you can find.   

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pb font caption.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2020 0
Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the name of the font. Is it from Typekit?

Premiere prefers ttf over otf.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a font made by my client. It is .otf do you think it can the problem ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2020 0
Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2020 0
Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not know this: "police" = font.

The Premiere Pro caption tool does not support some fonts, even though they work just fine in the regular graphics text. 

Some do not appear in the caption font list; yours did.

When the PR caption tool does not find the character it wants in the selected font, it substitutes a default font.

As Ann says, it probably will not work.

Are you burning in?

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2020 0