• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

subtitles positioning on the screen doesn't work

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added subtitles to my video with an .srt file.  The subtitles show up on the timeline and I can easily cut and paste or move them in there.  I'm using Premiere Pro 2017, by the way.  I used the Open Position Caption Block option, it looks like a small grid, to adjust the positioning of the subtitles on the screen.  I selected the center bottom position on that option/grid, and the subtitles are still way off too high.  They are not on the bottom or in the center lower two thirds of the screen.  It looks annoying to have the subtitles appear in the center of the screen, about halfway between the top and bottom of the video frame.  Can anyone please help me with some technical advice?  I appreciate it, thank you.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check the video settings of the open captions, are they the same resolution of your sequence settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they are.  The resolution for the captions is set at 1920 X 1080, like the video sequence.  I didn't change the defaults, the pixel aspect ratio is square pixels (1.0), the frame rate setting for the captions is the same as the video sequence. 

Thanks for your trying to help, I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check that x = 36.78% and y = 93.4%

you can also change the captions position by selecting the caption on your timeline

and adjusting position from Motion in the Effects Control Panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Something is wrong. There can easily be positioning problems, but selecting the bottom middle of the grid should not show in the middle of the frame.

x/y positioning can work, but I worry that you may get a problem later.

Effect controls can move the whole stream as a workaround. But again, I'd try to sort out what is wrong.

Please post a screenshot of the Caption panel, timeline, and program  monitor.

Stan 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines