• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Success - I recovered my Premiere Project (prproj file) from an erased drive.

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recovered my Premiere Project (prproj file) from an erased drive. I'm on a Mac, I accidentally formatted the wrong drive. My projects and work seemingly lost. I used up 48hours trying 7-8 different recovery methods, testdisk, data rescue, easus. Here's what finally worked. Disk Drill 2019 - This program recognizes premiere projects, the others do not. Yay the world is saved everything's great... no, Premiere couldn't read it, didn't want to open it nor any of the auto-save versions. The file was corrupt. I tried all of the suggested techniques, such as importing the corrupt project into another project. I was about to give up and rebuild my work from scratch when I gave it one more try. a shot in the dark. I tried importing the project as a "shared project." For some reason that worked. All the sequences were there. I copied everything over into a new project and everything was saved. I wanted to share. Goodluck!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someday this post will save a life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lost 2 projects that may have been erased in the trash.   When you run Disk Drill...how can you identify the projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been so long now. I don't recall. My guess is that is .prproj would show up, but I don't remember. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate!! I've got the same problem here??? How you import the project as a "share project" in premiere 2021?? 

Pls u will save my life ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing they're talking about a "team project" and there's an option to open a "team project" in the opening premiere splash screen and in the file menu. 

This is probably not what you want to hear, but moving forward, it's crucial that you make sure your proect file and your autosave folder are saved on different drives...  You can also have a folder that automatically is backed up to dropbox and there is also an option in premiere to save your project to adobe creative cloud.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah but for this you need save this project as a "team project". I've been looking for a solutions and you were able to do it in Premiere Pro 2020 (14.0)

Now in Premiero Pro 2021 these options have been changed and in the same panel said "import as a shortcut project" if i'm not wrong. It has to be similar but when i do, "project seems damaged. Cannot be oppened" warning still showing so.... F*** my life.

Surely the XML file structure has been damaged cuz the recovery software doen't know how to write it with the premiere conditions... meh

You are so right and i will everything that you said from now on.

Thx for the answer.

Ciao!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines