Success - I recovered my Premiere Project (prproj file) from an erased drive.

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recovered my Premiere Project (prproj file) from an erased drive. I'm on a Mac, I accidentally formatted the wrong drive. My projects and work seemingly lost. I used up 48hours trying 7-8 different recovery methods, testdisk, data rescue, easus. Here's what finally worked. Disk Drill 2019 - This program recognizes premiere projects, the others do not. Yay the world is saved everything's great... no, Premiere couldn't read it, didn't want to open it nor any of the auto-save versions. The file was corrupt. I tried all of the suggested techniques, such as importing the corrupt project into another project. I was about to give up and rebuild my work from scratch when I gave it one more try. a shot in the dark. I tried importing the project as a "shared project." For some reason that worked. All the sequences were there. I copied everything over into a new project and everything was saved. I wanted to share. Goodluck!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Contributor ,
Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someday this post will save a life.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lost 2 projects that may have been erased in the trash.   When you run Disk Drill...how can you identify the projects?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been so long now. I don't recall. My guess is that is .prproj would show up, but I don't remember. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines