Highlighted

Sudden loss of audio towards the end of a timeline

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very odd one here... I am editing from a Multicam source, using a single source of audio from it (e.g. unswitched). Everything is uber-basic, I just have a multicam composite source for now, still waiting for the ISOs to arrive. 

 

Everything is working smoothly, but I've just hit a wall where after a certain time in the program/sequence (my edit), I lose audio. Nothing comes out of the monitoring after a certain cut point, the VU meters drop dead. I have waveforms, I can match back to the multicam source and hear the audio; if I then overwrite/replace the matched section, the audio gets lost again in the edit... If I match back to the source audio material and replace the multicam audio in the edit, all is well...

 

I can exporty my edit and the audio gets out. Duplicating the sequence or copy/pasting all the elements into a new sequence do not help, the same problem gets carried over.

 

I have no audio track keyframes (no panning, no clip, no track volume, etc.), no camera cuts either, everything stays on that single souce. If I ripple/trim/extend the last segment where I have sound, the audio follows the extended part. But as soon as I add a cut, any segment following that cut is muted. But if I copy and insert-paste those muted segments earlier in the sequence, all is well...

 

I seem to have noticed this after doing a few extracts from my edit/sequence and inserting those back earlier in the program... or maybe that's unrelated, can't tell for sure. I have updated to the latest version of Premiere this morning, I have also updated my NVidia driver FWIW.

 

Hints anyone? TIA --Alain

TOPICS
Audio, Editing, Error or problem

Views

42

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Sudden loss of audio towards the end of a timeline

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very odd one here... I am editing from a Multicam source, using a single source of audio from it (e.g. unswitched). Everything is uber-basic, I just have a multicam composite source for now, still waiting for the ISOs to arrive. 

 

Everything is working smoothly, but I've just hit a wall where after a certain time in the program/sequence (my edit), I lose audio. Nothing comes out of the monitoring after a certain cut point, the VU meters drop dead. I have waveforms, I can match back to the multicam source and hear the audio; if I then overwrite/replace the matched section, the audio gets lost again in the edit... If I match back to the source audio material and replace the multicam audio in the edit, all is well...

 

I can exporty my edit and the audio gets out. Duplicating the sequence or copy/pasting all the elements into a new sequence do not help, the same problem gets carried over.

 

I have no audio track keyframes (no panning, no clip, no track volume, etc.), no camera cuts either, everything stays on that single souce. If I ripple/trim/extend the last segment where I have sound, the audio follows the extended part. But as soon as I add a cut, any segment following that cut is muted. But if I copy and insert-paste those muted segments earlier in the sequence, all is well...

 

I seem to have noticed this after doing a few extracts from my edit/sequence and inserting those back earlier in the program... or maybe that's unrelated, can't tell for sure. I have updated to the latest version of Premiere this morning, I have also updated my NVidia driver FWIW.

 

Hints anyone? TIA --Alain

TOPICS
Audio, Editing, Error or problem

Views

43

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 23, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alain,

 

We're sorry to hear about this. Are you experiencing this issue after updating to the latest version (v14.4)? Also, have you tried clearing cache and checked if it's working properly?

 

Thanks,

Sumeet

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...
Sep 25, 2020 0
Alain D. LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumeet, thanks for reaching out.

The problem started before I updated to 14.4. The update did not change
anything.

I forgot to mention in my post that:
1) I had cleared the complete cache with no change
2) I unlinked/relinked the media with no change in the behavior

Alain

--

Alain Durocher
Video Editor

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...
Sep 25, 2020 0