Sudden performance issues

Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there,

I've noticed recently a serious drop in performance in Premiere, so bad that I can't play pre-rendered H264 on a timeline with no effects without dropping frames. I'm on a pretty good laptop, i7-6820, Win 10 Pro, 64GB RAM, M.2 + 2 x SSD, GTX 1070, and never had any issues. I've been having fan problems recently and it shuts down occasionally and is due to go for repairs soon, could I have damaged something? Are there any diagnostics I can run as this is crazy.

Thanks in advance,

Toby

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Sudden performance issues

Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there,

I've noticed recently a serious drop in performance in Premiere, so bad that I can't play pre-rendered H264 on a timeline with no effects without dropping frames. I'm on a pretty good laptop, i7-6820, Win 10 Pro, 64GB RAM, M.2 + 2 x SSD, GTX 1070, and never had any issues. I've been having fan problems recently and it shuts down occasionally and is due to go for repairs soon, could I have damaged something? Are there any diagnostics I can run as this is crazy.

Thanks in advance,

Toby

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 30, 2020 0

Have something to add?