• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suddenly almost all footage is offline or WRONG CLIPS altogether. Please Help!

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, can anyone help me with this?  My project was FINISHED, I was just going through to make sure I had the final touches before uploading it to YouTube.  Suddenly all my footage within the video is wrong--either offline (and unable to locate even though I am clicking the folder where all my footage should be) OR, more frustratingly, the wrong clips altogether--from a completely different day of shooting!

Here's what I think happened:

I mistakenly decided to move my folder with all my footage in it to another spot on my hard drive. In Premiere Pro, I immediately saw the notification that my footage went offline and needed to be located.  I put the folder back where it was originally and went to locate the footage in the project, but it says "no file found" on most of my clips!  I think when I moved the folder, maybe footage from a different shoot with the same name was in that spot, and Premiere Pro automatically chose the wrong one to keep?

Some of the nested sequences are mostly correct while including footage from the wrong shoot, but in the Project even the correct footage is not timed right anymore.

I'd greatly appreciate any prompt help you can offer on this, as my video is supposed to go live in a couple days.  Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

UPDATE: ISSUE RESOLVED. 

I was happily surprised to connect with an Adobe agent on a Sunday evening via chat who was able to help me out by taking control of my computer and seeing what was going on with my computer (it took hours of re-linking the footage manually -- I had attempted to relink the files before reaching out for help, but it didn't work because some file names were duplicated with different footage, so it was pulling footage from the wrong day of shooting).

FOR ANYBODY ELSE HAVING

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Move the folder back to its original location.

Locate your project's autosave and open an older version of the project. It will save you hours trying to relink all your media correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't have the autosave feature or you don't have to closest saved version of your project you should try this:
let your footage go offline again and relink them to the right footage (means delete or move the footage linked to your sequence now ..the one that you dont want and move the videos that you want to this location again and relink one file to the offline sequence so the rest will relink immediately to the right footage)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems the OP has many files with the same names, that's why they automatically relinked to the wrong files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: ISSUE RESOLVED. 

I was happily surprised to connect with an Adobe agent on a Sunday evening via chat who was able to help me out by taking control of my computer and seeing what was going on with my computer (it took hours of re-linking the footage manually -- I had attempted to relink the files before reaching out for help, but it didn't work because some file names were duplicated with different footage, so it was pulling footage from the wrong day of shooting).

FOR ANYBODY ELSE HAVING THIS PROBLEM:  DO NOT RESTART YOUR COMPUTER.  Don't copy and paste your folder back to where it was, use the "undo" function instead or the locations code will get messed up.  If you restarted your computer already, I reccommend contacting an agent who can help right away. 

With the agent's help, we followed the location folder code exactly and realized it wasn't where it should be and the code was messed up, so we had to manually go in one by one to each file that was corrupt in the project.  It was a painstaking task that probably could have been avoided very easily by 1) not moving the folder to a different location until after the project was completely finished and uploaded to final destination; 2) not pressing "undo" function right away after recognizing this mistake, but rather trying to fix it by copying & pasting back to original location; and 3) not restarting my computer.

Thank you all for your replies! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2023 Jul 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One thing for future. Go to file>project manager  and consider collecting and copying to new location. I recently discovered this and it has made life easier. It stores all assets and project in one location. The copied file can also be sent to someone as a complete folder  no more " media off line" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines