• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suddenly Premiere is now taking 5 minutes or more to launch.

Engaged ,
Apr 20, 2019 Apr 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has any had this problem with Premiere taking 5 minutes or more to launch?  It works fine, once it starts. Up until 2 days ago, it launched within 15- 20 seconds. I tried two other Adobe apps, Photoshop and Audition, and they start up quickly - both within 15-20 seconds.  I uninstalled the latest Premiere version, and reinstalled it several times (using the cleaner tool, as well). Nothing works. I waited an hour on the Adobe chat line without luck. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

I finally was able to secure a support person via Adobe's support chat line. It was a very long wait for help, but they were able to get onto my computer remotely and they fixed it! They worked very hard on the computer for at least an hour. I'm impressed!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my experience, the extended startup only takes place the first launch after installing. During this startup you’ll see Premiere locating and blessing all the plugins, etc.

Next launch, the launch time is much much faster.

Is this not what you are seeing?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it happens every time. I  just tried again and it opened only after 5 minutes. Any ideas how to get hold of the elusive Adobe support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 21, 2019 Apr 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to get hold of Premiere support for 3 days with no luck. I'm put on hold indefinitely each time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you opening just the program or a project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just the program; the projects open quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally was able to secure a support person via Adobe's support chat line. It was a very long wait for help, but they were able to get onto my computer remotely and they fixed it! They worked very hard on the computer for at least an hour. I'm impressed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...so, what did he do??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ya, what did he do? Now I want to know. I know someone who is experiencing this right now. They said it used to work just fine for so long and then as of a month or two ago, it started taking 5+ minutes to open. Works fine when open, but if he closes it and re-opened...5+ minutes. He never updated anything, nor did he add anything new (he is superstitious when it comes to not touching anything as if it isn't broke...don't fix it...kind of attitude). Maybe it was a Windows update. He started picking my mind and I never heard of anyone having the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still not sure of the exact cause or fix for this problem, but I would suggest trying 2 things:
1) update graphics card driver
and, if that doesn't work...
2) tweak graphics card driver settings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIyWXyGY1rw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines