• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suddenly Premiere Pro says "not compatible" and wont run.

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somehow my version of premiere pro 12.0.0 got uninstalled.  Now when I boot up creative cloud it says the version is not compatible (I'm using windows 8.1) and I can't run a program I've been using for 3-4 years.  When I hit "manage" and then hit "other versions" the page is completely blank so how do I install the older versions that are compatible with my windows 8.1.  I've read through the help pages and I see under "other versions" there is supposed to be a list of older versions to install, but there is nothing on that page for me.   Thanks for your help.

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No version of Premiere Pro CC that was compatible with Windows 8.1 is available any longer - anywhere. Legitimately. Adobe's availability policy, which took effect in May of last year, now restricts availability to the last two major versions of any given Creative Cloud software - and unfortunately, you MUST upgrade to Windows 10 before you can even run any of them at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything I read on adobes pages said you can continue to run older versions on windows 7 and 8.  It's just odd that I don't have any option to download them.  I'm kind of at a loss as for what to do as I'm not going to update this PC to windows 10, yet I need to use premiere pro daily for my work.  Surely, there must be some work around for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That page is now outdated. All currently available versions of the major Creative Cloud programs require Windows 10 just to even run at all. Older versions are now no longer available any more. The earliest currently available version of Premiere Pro is Premiere Pro 2019 13.1.5, which now requires Windows 10 version 1703 or later (however, all versions of Windows 10 prior to version 1809 are now EOSL, while version 1809 will reach EOSL within a couple of months).

Besides, Windows 8.1 is now out of mainstream support by Microsoft itself, and is currently in the extended (or legacy/vintage) support phase (which means that only critical security updates are being made for that OS while you will have to pay for critical bug fixes).

In other words, you're now completely out of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into the same problem, which is highly disappointing after having renewed a subscription. So I have to pay for Windows 10 now, and upgrade and/or replace other media software on my machine which will not be compatible with 10. Sure, we all have this kind of money.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The entire computer industry has been heading in that direction for the past decade or so now. Most if not all large companies now partially or completely cut off support for older hardware and software after just a few years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yes, the "business model" to sustain business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The correct term for that is "Planned obsolescence." You just used the wrong term.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Indeed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines