Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suggestion for managing titles and graphics for a brand

Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am curious what people tend to do when it comes to titles and graphics that are specific to a particular brand. For example, I create video using Pr Pro for a company and I use titles and graphics to display information within the videos. I have found that I recreate the graphics for each video, unless I edit multiple videos within the same project. Do you have any suggestions on how to efficiently store title and graphics for a brand? Should I make a template in After Effects? 

Thank you

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not make mogrt in Pr?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can make graphics/titles in Ae and then using the EGP panel there, only allow the change-options that stay within the brand requirements. That way Pr editors can say change the text but not the font or colors if that is what you need. Then "deploy" them via a Shared CC Library. That way they get to all users that need them.

This workflow is laid out in the free ebook by Jarle Leirpoll Making Mogrts that Adobe provides from their servers. It's a great look at both basic and the beginnings of somewhat more advanced mogrt creation in Ae, designed for deploying to mulitple users via shared libraries.

You can also make them in PrPro, though there are fewer options for "coolness" than in Ae. And of course, every user can change anything. Which means your specific color may get changed 'cause someone likes a neat blue rather than the orangey-yellow of the brand.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I prefer using bins myself as seen in the video below. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLQa-5GUQRw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andy's bins selection can work but it's got major drawbacks also. There isn't a perfect process, in my view.

The CC Libraries are great for distribution to a team ... probably the best way to do so. And can be used to control what graphics the team has available. For instance, change to a new logo, font, or color? No problem getting everyone on-board.

Simply replace the mogrts in the shared Library with the newly remodeled ones. Any further use of the company brand stuff is correctly shown.

However ... when you work for clients, each with their own branding, you make graphics for that branding. Which you won't use with any other client. So it should be possible when we archive a client project to store all the graphics for that job in the project file. Here is where Andy's wish for being able to store them in bins would be wondrous. That should be possible.

As it is now, you either have to keep tons of mogrts on your system from past projects that at some point you might ... possibly ... use again. Or you can manually save them to a Local Folder, and have that be in the same folder with the project file you'll be archiving. Extra work, not too onerous, but shouldn't be necessary.

Andy's current suggestion of using Master Graphics has a big issue: all futurer uses of that graphic can only be used exactly as that master graphic in all details. Change the font, color, or text in any gets the change rippled across all uses. Which is often not a Good Thing.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The bins keep my titles organized but it is the metadata feature of the Master Graphics that I need.

We should have more options when saving the titles as Master Graphics and the option to save them as Master Graphics by defualt. As many others have stated several times we need the Essential Graphics to get more features to be a true replacement for the Old Legacy Titler. 

I am not saying the Essential Graphic don't work.  I am saying Adobe needs to bring their A-Game and make several improvements ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines