Swapping a clip with speed changes

Contributor ,
Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When swapping out a clip with a speed change on using alt+shft and dragging from a bin with a clip with the same duration and timecode results in the new clip being dropped in with the wrong in-out points.

I often get given clean and GFX versions of an ad to cut down. I cut with the GFX version and occasionally have to do some clip speed changes to eek out a few more frames as I'm going from 23.98 to 25fps. Once I've cut the ad then I need to swap out some clips for the clean version to put my own supers on. When I do this the in-out points are wrong - the clip speed changes do not get respected.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
chrisbrearley AUTHOR LATEST
Contributor ,
Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I'm at it, scrubbing the timeline over a clip with a speed change on it doesn't show the speed changes but instead the clip running at 100% - what's that all about?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more