• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

swf to mp4

Feb 14, 2012 Feb 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have Premiere Pro CS5 and i would like to know if i can convert an swf to an mp4?

Can you assist?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 14, 2012 Feb 14, 2012

You can do that with AME.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Google is your friend. Look for yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, of course it is and i have been checking, thank you for you answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI: with .swf files, audio will not be retained.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2016 Feb 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a snarky and BS answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope you (Harm Millaard) are not around site anymore - you're useless, unkind, and a bad resource.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, he's always been a turd squeezer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Google is for finding your arrogant response? I did a Google search and found you unfortunately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do that with AME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2012 Feb 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

AME being the Adobe Media Encoder. Here is a quickstart article on the topic (geared about Flash, but mostly relevant to what AME does): http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flash/quickstart/video_encoder.html

And the getting started page from the help files: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/mediaencoder/cs/using/WS66B5DBD1-F3C6-432c-8FB9-BB63A4BA64B3.html

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2014 Jul 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video converters such as xilisoft can not convert flash .swf, if you want to convert swf to mp4, AVI, MOV, etc, you'd better to use a real flash SWF Converter which can decode and encode SWF frame by frame with its batch mode.

Hope it's useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 04, 2015 Sep 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2014 Sep 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From recent experience, easiest way means the purchase of one more piece of software, Camtasia http://www.techsmith.com/download/camtasia/

It works great, simply import the SWF file, add to media, "produce" it, and you can save the file to whatever video format you like, including MP4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2014 Sep 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, audio and clarity have been identical to the original flash version on the files I have converted to date using Camtasia.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2015 May 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am trying to convert a swf to mp4. I lose the background music and the sounds in my project.

Because it is 2015 now, maybe it is possible to convert with AME without losing the music and sound?

I downloaden Camtasia as well, but it says swf in not supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5/30/2017 I checked with Techsmith, and as of today their people say this is not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may also try this reliable SWF to MP4 converter called iDealshare VideoGo which has both Mac and Windows version. It will enables users to convert SWF to MP4 to import SWF to iPhone, iPad, iPod, QuickTime, iTunes, iMovie, etc. successfully. 

Furthermore, besides converting SWF to MP4, it also can convert SWF to AVI, WMV, MPG, 3GP, FLV, MOV, DV, Apple ProRes and most other format.

It even can convert FLV, AVI, WMV, 3GP, AVCHD, MXF, MKV to MP4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Junk...Just a copy of the other one that also does not work...Tried several times several SWF formats...Isn't there something that actually does what is advertised.  How about Adobe making one...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2016 Mar 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I had also a problem bei converting .fla to mp4.

I have created at first SWF in Adobe Animate CC, than opened it in Adobe After Effects and than whith Adobe Media Encoder converted to H.265. Hopefully it helps anyone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2016 May 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/creator-resources/flash-resources/swivel

^

Swivel from Newgrounds does exactly this and is free. Loads of settings and fine tuning, works great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From quara, I find the following workable method:

"Avdshare Video Converter is just the professional SWF to MP4 Converter which can help to convert SWF to MP4 with the high output quality and as fast as you can imagine.

Besides converting SWF to MP4, this SWF to MP4 Converter can also convert SWF to WAV, AIFF, M4A, OGA, OGG, MP3, WMA, AAC, DTS, etc.

And also SWF to MP4 Converter can convert between video formats, like AVI, WebM, FLV, MPEG, WMV, MKV, TS, H.264/AVC, ASF, etc.

What's more, SWF to MP4 Converter can directly edit the output video, like adjusting the video bitrate, video sample rate, deleting the unwanted part, removing the subtitle or watermark, etc."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't used Premiere Pro CS5 before, but i have used a free software -  Free HD Video Converter Factory which supports to convert .swf to .mp4 format. I always use this software to convert my files. Based on my experience, it is really easy to operate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is 2018 and davidfwall1111111 solutions stills working great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Website is flagged for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines