• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Switching to Editing Panel makes Premiere go black.

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I open a project, I start in Effects. I can switch to any other panel (Color, Titles, Assembly, etc.) without a problem. However, when I click on Editing, the panel appears briefly, then the entire program goes black. All panels disappear, I can no longer select anything. The only things left are the tabs at the top of the window (File, Edit, Clip, etc.). I haven't been able to find anything about this online. Does anyone know what's going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

"When you switch workspaces and get a blank screen, try going to the menu Window > Workspaces > Reset To Saved Layout. Any experience you may have to do this a couple of time before the problem stops."

- that was copied from another source I found online that worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brianr,

I am sorry for the workspace issue. Please try the following steo:

1. Go to the following location in the machine

In Windows, C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\11.0 (Or)

In Mac, Documents > Adobe > Premiere Pro > 11.0

Rename the 11.0 folder to Old_11.0

2. Launch Premiere Pro, Create a new project(do not open Old projects)

3. In Menu bar, Window > Workspace > Uncheck Import Workspace from Projects.

4. Open the old project & check the issue.

Please let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and this fix worked for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it didn't work for me.. And what is this bug all about? Can't they fix this? this is truly anoying to no end..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried your method for fixing the workspace issue, but didn't work for me, this is truly anoying and what is causing this?
can't Adobe Come up with an update to fix this? This is wicked Anoying..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same issue.  The suggestion Vidya provided did solve my issue, but it was annoying to have to go back and re-customize all of my workspaces.  Consider that before trying this solution because you will have to customize your workspaces again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you seams to work for me so far

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Noah_Twombly, samuelc46426623,

Glad the issue is resolved with the workaround. It happens when the workspaces are partially corrupted.

The only workaround is to reset the workspaces.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much this was ver helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This process caused me to be unable to locate my old projects...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ariannam2763083,

Sorry for the issue. Do you know the location of the projects? Have you tried to open the project using File > Open Project?

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Vidya,

I have tried the steps you suggested and it hasn't worked for me. I use a 2017 MacBook Pro with Touch ID.

Im using Premiere Pro 2018. Kindly suggest a fix immediately as I my projects are being held up because of this issue.

Thank You

Siraj Ganju

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Siraj Ganju,

Try resetting the preferences, create a new project(do not open an old project) and check if the issue persists.

Here are the steps: FAQ: How to reset preferences in Premiere Pro?

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect! Works fine for the new version of Premiere too. Good job!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem isn't exactly the same what it is is Premier opens up in effects window and then when i try to click on editing to open editing window  i get a blank grayed screen i can still click on file and the other menus, and i can also click on ALL PANELS and everything comes up but if i try to click on Editing window all the panels are gone, this is Truly Annoying to no end and i wish they would create a patch or update to fix this, this is a silly error and probably can be fixed quickly, they must of done something in the new update but messed something up and effects you opening panels, i see others having other issues, like playback and opening other windows..
All these bugs are probably connected to the same issue.....

Please Adobe Fix this, this is so ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!
I need my premier pro working normally again.. Screw the other changes i would revert to the previous version just to get this bug to go away..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same thing. Somehow the editing page disappears but it can be retrieved again as long as it's not lost.

Go to the top menu bar

Choose >Window >Workspaces > Reset to saved Layout

or

Alt + Shift + 0 (zero)

This will reset the page, it did mine and I don't know if it's a bug or just a glitch. (i.e it happens abnormally & can be fixed)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked. Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the top menu bar

Choose >Window >Workspaces > Reset to saved Layout  or Alt + Shift + 0 (zero)

Cheers TinaQ. This worked instantly.

The previous (Windows) solution didn't work for my Mac OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping this would be a permanent fix but apparently it isn't... I'm back to the same issue... what a disappointment that it has been 10 months and there still has been no permanent fix for this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"When you switch workspaces and get a blank screen, try going to the menu Window > Workspaces > Reset To Saved Layout. Any experience you may have to do this a couple of time before the problem stops."

- that was copied from another source I found online that worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines