• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Synchronize is Greyed out in Premiere CC, why?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2015 Oct 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Goal:  To sync an interview that involved 2 Nikon DLSrs, with external audio from a sound guy.  There are about 8 clips from each camera, and 8 audio files.

I tried to drop them all in a timeline and just select all and sync.  Sync was greyed out.  I then tired just 1 set of cam a cam b and audio file, sync was greyed out.

I then tried just selecting the audio waveforms form independently of the video clips, without the external audio...greyed out.

Not sure what I need to do.  Meanwhile I am in manual sync mode.  Good thing the team that shot this stuff is on it with slate and keeping the clips tight.

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks

Rex

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

S

I tried to drop them all in a timeline

‌select your media in your project bin, before you place on timeline.

select your media, right click, choose create multicamera sequence and then you will have pop- up windows with sync options

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2015 Oct 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dummergold,

Thanks man. I"m not really interested in multicam.  that is a who new ball of wax that I should probably learn, but I only do 2 camera interviews, and that work flow adds a bunch of bs to my program that is more labor that just doing the manual sync,   Thanks man.  I appreciate your input, and maybe I'll learn mulitcam when I'm home sick this winter!!

Rex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not knowing what particular instructional video on synchronizing, I just saw one that does it on the timeline with your method. So, I see this timeline synchronizing of the media. I also saw a 'merge clip' function from the project panel that brought out a sync option window and sync'd clips or merged together. I see no difference with all clips on timeline and sync'd ontop of each other with respect to multicamera sync. With the multicamera sync, the source sequence seems the same as any sync'd clip, whether automatic or manual. If you do not wish to multicam, just skip flattening the source sequence and do not enter into a multicamera monitor edit.

I auto sync my clips, then manually tweek, and/or add unsyncable clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a million! This saves so much of my time. I appreciate your wisdom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can sync only one video and one audio clip at a time.  So Cam A and Audio, or Cam B and Audio, but not all three at once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks J.

Even when I just do 2 clips, It still doesn't sync.  I watched the Adobe online instructional video, and he sync's 4 clips at once.  It's a 4 camera shoot example they have on the website.  The totally ironic part, is the video features Corey Rich as the video content they are syncing, and ... I'm syncing a Corey Rich interview as well!!  What a mind blow. 

Anyways I did it manual.  Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Rex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I guess my memory was in error on this one.

The only way I can get Synchronize to be grayed out is if track 1 is not included in the selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can confirm - this worked for me. Synchronize was greyed out until I enabled video track 1 (I actually enabled all video and audio tracks so I don't know if I needed all or just track 1, but I got it to work either way).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just want to stop by and say this is the fix for me and probably many others digging throught threads. ACTIVATE THE VIDEO TRACK! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the correct answer. You can sync as many clips as you like (up to processing power, natural track limitations, etc.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats not true... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2016 Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just figured it out!

You must have the tracks "targeted" that you're working on. This must have something to do with the internal way that it programmatically moves the clips, you have to have the tracks able to be cut/pasted to. Once you turn on targeting for the relevant tracks, you can do sync multiple with video tracks, etc, no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folks the above answer about track targeting is the right answer. Everything else here is wrong wrong wrong. Good intentions everybody, but this is the only answer. I just targeted my A1 & V1 and it solved everything. And I've had this fubar before, always forget about it. Don't waste your time. This is it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU so very much. Exactly the answer I was looking for. Everything works now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's March 2021 and this is still the right answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IN 2022 WORKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is beyond frustrating that whenever someone asks about a specific problem, everyone jumps in with generic BS answers about how you're doing everything wrong, you need to adjust settings you've never heard of before, and create a completely different sequence... But then buried at the bottom of the page is the correct answer.

Click on A1. Problem solved. Thnat's what he means by targetting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2023 and this is still the right answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

God bless the person with the answer, 2024 and it just saved me. I've been stressed outttttttttttt. Thank youuuuu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still don't get it What do you mean by "turn on targeting"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just figured it out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-06-29 at 9.24.57 AM.png

In the above picture, A1 & A2 are targeted. A3 is not targeted.

All you do is click on the A1, A2, A3, etc... of the tracks you wish to synchronize, and you SHOULD be able to synchronize these clips!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

God Bless You! Thank you for your explanation. That sure figured it out for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, you rock! I had no idea what targetting was. I just knew I had to highlight the little boxes it i wanted to paste on those tracks lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines