Synchronize is Greyed out in Premiere CC, why?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2015 Oct 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Goal:  To sync an interview that involved 2 Nikon DLSrs, with external audio from a sound guy.  There are about 8 clips from each camera, and 8 audio files.

I tried to drop them all in a timeline and just select all and sync.  Sync was greyed out.  I then tired just 1 set of cam a cam b and audio file, sync was greyed out.

I then tried just selecting the audio waveforms form independently of the video clips, without the external audio...greyed out.

Not sure what I need to do.  Meanwhile I am in manual sync mode.  Good thing the team that shot this stuff is on it with slate and keeping the clips tight.

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks

Rex

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a reason it is like this. Professional softwware doesn't have to be intuitive and easy to use. It does have to work consistently for the professionals who use it, and it is shaped by these people. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay great opportunity for me to learn. Please share with me why the synchronizing is greyed out by default?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines