Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Synchronizing MP3 and WAV doesn't work

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community,

I have the following problem: I have an exported film in MP4. Now I want to edit the audio, but I lost the project file. So I split the MP4 with cut detection in a new timeline. Now I want to link the original WAVs with the compressed MP3s, but if I do it with "right click" Synchronize Audio, somehow it doesn't synchronize them at the right spot. 

I tried the same in DaVinci, where it even wouldn't synch at all, but just tell me it's not possible. 

Do you have any solution to this problem? Is there another (audio?-)software, which could synchronize this easily? 

It would take too much time to do it manually. 

Thanks and all the best!
Fabio

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is at the very least a manual process. If you can get your WAV files to be shorter and closer to where the cuts are, I would imagine you'd have more luck. Overall it should sync up based on the audio if click the audio of the MP4 and the WAV file (one being on one track and one being on the other)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines