Syncing audio after cutting video - help!

Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I've recently been editing this video for a client, which had like four lav mics, and was 45 minutes long. Ended up cutting down the clips to 15 minutes. But the big big issue is, the audio wasn't synced up correctly.

I'm using Premiere Pro CC 2019. What solution could I do? I was thinking:

• Since I got the camera file with the camera audio, I could replace that audio with the synced up audio. How would I be able to do this without rendering the file all over again, then replace footage?
  • Manually sync audio, and it will be a pain and take a lot more time.

Looking for some solutions, asap. Thanks guys.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Syncing audio after cutting video - help!

Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I've recently been editing this video for a client, which had like four lav mics, and was 45 minutes long. Ended up cutting down the clips to 15 minutes. But the big big issue is, the audio wasn't synced up correctly.

I'm using Premiere Pro CC 2019. What solution could I do? I was thinking:

• Since I got the camera file with the camera audio, I could replace that audio with the synced up audio. How would I be able to do this without rendering the file all over again, then replace footage?
  • Manually sync audio, and it will be a pain and take a lot more time.

Looking for some solutions, asap. Thanks guys.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 02, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you may be screwed here.  Syncing all clips is definitely something one does before any cutting begins.

So ask yourself this.  Will it be easier to try and add the audio manually to every clip, or to start over and do it right?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 03, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest is to get Pluraleyes.

If you cuts remained in chronological order, than it's fine. Pluraleyes will auto-sync everything, and all you have to do afterwards and ripple delete the gaps.

There is bunch of settings there, so make sure you tweak the ones that will help you the most.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 03, 2019 0
Jun 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question.  Of course syncing first is ideal.  But what if your sound editor comes back later with changes or you are editing on set and sound hasn't been processed yet?

I can see there being a very simple solution to this some day.  Maybe you will be able to drag an audio clip onto a video clip in the project folder, Premiere will sync it (similarly to how it currently does), and all instances in the project will update with the new audio.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 15, 2019 0
Guide ,
Jun 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question. If sound sync is ideal before editing ( cutting etc.) then I wonder how that might be done to begin with??

Anyone have any ideas ??

should I shoot with a big microphone mounted on top of the camera, aimed at what I am shooting ? And that sound goes directly into my camera so he video has the sound embedded in the same file ?  Is that the best way ?

Should I shoot with a camera and record sound with a different gadget that has microphones and stuff ( lav mics ? ) plugged into it...and use a slate so the camera sees when the clapper makes a loud CLAPPING noise ? And then move the sound file peak of clapper noise to match the image of the clapper hitting the slate ??

I wonder what can be done ??

If there is no slate and no microphones plugged directly into the camera, I bet there will be some magic solution to this someday.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 15, 2019 0
Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did some more searching on this.  Apparently there is a $500 plug in that will sync audio automatically after the edit.  Seems like it should be built in(?)

We shot this project using timecode sync which is amazing.  I highly recommend it.  What I ended up doing was going to each clip on the timeline, revealing the clip in the project, noting the media start time, then dragging the good audio with a similar start time into the approximate location on the timeline.  Then you can highlight the original clips and the good audio, right click, sync.  It didn't end up taking much longer than it would have if we'd sync'd before the edit.  The same process should work with audio sync assuming you caught ok quality (and more importantly, properly leveled) audio in the camera with a mounted shotgun.  Make sure they click that slate nice and hard!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2019 0
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, dude. In this case, I don't think there is a way to do something. 
But, the idea I give to you is: 
Before cutting your project - select the video that you wanna cut - nest it - So, with that nest, u do the cuts..

When you get the audio from recorder, just open that nested comp that you made with the video -  put the audio there with a simple sync and go back to comp that you made the cuts (the final comp)... both audio and video will be synchronize. 

Sorry my bad english, I'm brazilian and I don't want using google transtale every time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0