Syncing clips with timecode-ltc in audio channel

Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to sync in premiere pro an audio clip with master-timecode and a video clip with timecode in one of the audio tracks. (-> convert the timecode-ltc into timcode meta date of the video-clip and sync by TC)

"Merge Clips" sounds good - but does not do the sync job 😞  
I know, Davinci has it for long, but is there a way in Premiere Pro 14?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

2 Correct Answers

Community Beginner , Jun 03, 2020
Fotodesign-Wieboldt Community Beginner , Jun 03, 2020
Thanks again! Great lead!I found exactly my issue postet just some days ago:https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/40487866-read-ltc-aux-tc-from-audio-trackGo and vote on it. I am optimistic we will see a solution as a new feature in Premiere Pro soon. 

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Adobe Community Professional , Jun 03, 2020
R Neil Haugen Adobe Community Professional , Jun 03, 2020
There is at least one request on the UserVoice system for LTC, so ... go over to that system, search, upvote, and come back here posting a link to that request. Others of us can go vote on it.   That's the system that gets to the managers who determine budgets. They live by metrics.   Neil

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the poorly named Community Help forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Premiere Pro forum so that proper help can be offered.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere's multi-cam process is vastly better than "merge clips" for this work, and there's an option for doing so with timecode or audio. I'm not sure it will use your ltc code though.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks R_Neil_Haugen,

I tried multicam process too, but unfortunately it only supports files with timecode in meta data. In case of cams, with no TC-Input, like all DSLRs, etc. the workaround is to store the TC signal on an audio track ("bzzz" sound with TC information = Timecode-LTC). Now Premiere Pro should vonvert this to a TC on meta data to sync this file with the audio file with the Master-TC.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is at least one request on the UserVoice system for LTC, so ... go over to that system, search, upvote, and come back here posting a link to that request. Others of us can go vote on it.

That's the system that gets to the managers who determine budgets. They live by metrics.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again! Great lead!

I found exactly my issue postet just some days ago:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/40487866-read-ltc-aux-tc-fr...

Go and vote on it. I am optimistic we will see a solution as a new feature in Premiere Pro soon. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious if "soon" is 6 months, 1 year, 3 years, more?

Resolve and Avid have been doing this for about 2 years now.

I sure hope it is soon though, I can't afford to put a Ninja V with Atomx Sync Timecode on all my cameras, only my main one.  So the rest have be LTC, and who wants to spend time in an external conversion app (which LTC Convert is $150 and others are more expensive), it's just disruptive to my workflow.  Much better if it is handled in my NLE.  I will be honest though, Resolve has been looking more and more attractive lately.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh, and yes, I have gone to every single link here and some others to vote for this option, and have since around Feb 2020.  I think Adobe puts TOO much on the metrics from the community voting or not.  There are plenty of folks just leaving Premiere, for other NLE's that already support this.  Then as an added bonus for switching, they now get to use the hands down best place to color grade (resolve).  More and more people are having to do time code, and do it with non-pro cameras which sends them down this LTC rats hole, so hopefully Adobe will get their head out of their precious metrics and solve this problem.  Worst part, is this isn't hard to solve.  Wave based sync'ing is far more complex and they do that almost as good as Plural Eyes., so they can definitely wip up an LTC solution.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines