• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Syncing random video clips to music

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a music file that is a continuous DJ mix about 1 hour long.

I have a handful bin of video clips that I would like to add to the music file.

Is there any way I can sync them to the audio of the song without having to go through the whole timeline and place video clips lining them up to the waveform?  Doing that is going to be extremely tedious and time consuming when it's a 1 hour long music file.  

Ideally, I would like to throw in the audio file and throw in some random video clips and it just syncs it up to the music.  Is that possible in Premiere?

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Multicam should work. I will try to post instructions when I get back to my PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perhaps I am intrepeting things wrong. I was thinking you DJed for an hour but you also took short video clips with an iPhone or DSLR. If the video has audio I think the Multicam would sync it but I cannot say for sure since your videos are short clips and you DJed for an hour. If you record one long video for an hour it should be able to sync but I am not sure I know what your are trying to do for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what you describe as what you want to avoid is "editing."    so alright, I'm a cranky old man...  Maybe make subclips of the interesting parts of the shots (which should go pretty quickly - there's a keyboard short cut for "make subclip" when you've marked an in and out and then just drag all your subclips to the timeline...    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines