• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

System Compatibility Error - 4600 Driver Error

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2019 Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting a System Compatibility Error, any ideas?!

Operating System    Windows v.10.0.18362.1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

No conflicts to report.

Video    Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 v.20.19.15.5063

1. The current version of your Intel display driver may cause performance and stability issues.  It is strongly recommended that you update to driver version 100.6286 or later.  Drivers are provided by Intel or your computer's manufacturer.

URL: https://helpx.adobe.com/en/premiere-pro/kb/gpu-and-gpu-driver-requirements-for-premiere-pro.html

Video    NVIDIA Quadro K2200 v.24.21.14.1195

No conflicts to report.

I've tried the following...

• Downloaded latest Intel HD Graphics Control Panel
  • Made sure the 4600 driver is up to date - no change
  • Failed to install the old driver - 24.20.100.6286 - Error = This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software.
  • ...and legacy driver - 25.20.100.6373 - Same error.
  • Reinstalled the latest driver - back to the original message.

also.. !

Updated Windows, switched to CUDA and back to Software only render - still getting a choppy performance / render.

APP version 13.1.2 (Build 9)

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Unfortunately, you're stuck. Intel has ceased support for its iGPUs that are older than 6th-Generation. At this moment, only critical bug fixes and security patches will continue to be updated for the 4th- and 5th-Generation CPUs. The 100.6286 driver requires a newer CPU than what you have just to even install at all. This means that the ONLY way to circumvent that compatibility report would be to completely disable the iGPU in the EFI (BIOS), which will prevent the Intel graphics driver from lo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. I've updated through intel's driver assistant. I can't disable the integrated graphics card in the BIOS. Won't let me. Switching everything to High Performance Nvidia Processor does nothing as well. Can we not just get a fix for this? Can Adobe not just remove this error message? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

finally. Use Adobe Premiere 2019 for Edit Fast Export in Cpu Mode & Use Adobe Media Encoder 2021 if you have Nvidia Card for Best Export

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working with a 4th generation Intel CPU I got this message as well. Completely disabling intel graphics in the EFI/BIOS, e.g. forcing my PC to only use the nvidia card, did the trick for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And then, while that may work, over time the editing performance of such an older rig will become rather frustrating. Without QuickSync, those 4th-Generation CPUs are really pathetic compared to even the non-hardware-accelerated performance of a 7th-Generation quad-core CPU, let alone a current-gen 8-core mainstream CPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me as well.  Despite having a Quadro K4200 with updated drivers, the system error with the MB graphics caused crashes on complex renders, esp when scaling large graphics.  Evidently as long as the Intel 4600 is there, it appears that Premiere tries to use it even when the Quadro card is set as primary.  As soon as I turned it off in the BIOS, the startup system conflict vanished and the rendering impoved dramatically.  I'm sure as RjL190365 indicates, performance would be better with a 7th gen processor, my concern was outright errors and crashes.  Recommendation to the others in this topic who are "stuck" with the Intel 4600 system conflict and can't justify a new MB processor and memory etc right now, pick up an Nvidia card that works with the current versions and disable the on-board Intel 4600!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's easier done on a self-built or a custom-built desktop than on a laptop or a desktop with no discrete GPU. Forget about running Premiere Pro 2020 if you have an older Intel system that relies solely on the integrated Intel HD Graphics. Fortunately, on most such desktops, the IGP is automatically disabled whenever a discrete GPU is installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same problem. It's ridiculous how once 'gaming laptop' can't handle simple editing anymore. My advice would be to update drivers.

Intel HD Graphics 4600 -->  '20.19.15.5126'. Also, if you're using Nvidia in my case 960m 8gb there are new drivers too      --> '26.21.14.4575'. Actually, with this update, one of the system issues somehow disappeared.

Moving on, relly on proxies and 1/4 quality or so. While essential graphics you'll have to prerender using 'sequence' --> render in and out. In general use premier pro straight after turning on your laptop without using other programs. This helps a bit, then try clean cache data. After some research online I turned off these: growing files, mercury transmit. Also, memory optimise for performance. Simultaneously do the same thing in your Nvidia panel for image preference - performance.

I know it might sound silly, but every little helps especially when we are stuck (at least me) with what we got.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I still use the app with good stability with this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope this helps someone:

Intel just released an updated driver that works for this hardware:  Intel Graphics Driver v15.40 >P4600/P4700.

I've been able to update fife out of seven machines and have been rendering sucessfully with RenderGarden and AfterEffects CC2020.

The download link for the driver pops up as part of the Intel Driver & Support Assistant service, that is running on my Windows System.

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/29804/a08/win64_15.40.46.5144.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for kindly posting this. May I ask, which "hardware" do you mean when you say it works for "this hardware?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please I have the same problem!! do you think, if I add a new graphic card for example (Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 Gaming OC) the problem will solve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if you can completely disable the Intel iGPU in your computer's BIOS.

And beginning with the recent 14.5 release, Premiere Pro will now no longer use the integrated Intel iGPU at all whenever any discrete GPU is installed because the last Intel-exclusive hardware acceleration function, QuickSync decoding, has been superceded by NVDEC (which will use your planned GTX 1660 for hardware decoding). And you cannot have both QuickSync and NVDEC or NVENC simultaneously for the same task.

And my 4th-Gen laptop did not throw up a compatibility error, but instead defaulted to the MPE software-only mode every time Premiere Pro was started. And this is because there was not enough graphics RAM allocated to enable GPU acceleration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Randall, your clarity has been of great help. I've disabled the 4600 in BIOS. I have an Nvidia 650 ti installed. Perhaps I'm paranoid, but my footage seems a bit more jittery after rendering on PP 19 or 20 now that the Intel card is no longer operative. Could it be related to the loss of QuickSync? 

My system: intel i7 3.5 ghz; 16 gb ram; windows 10. Any help would be much appreciated. How frustrating to struggle with these matters instead of working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is because that GTX 650 Ti has not aged well (being based on a first-gen Kepler GK106 chip). Newer versions of Premiere Pro now require newer GPU architectures just to function anywhere close to properly. And as far as CUDA is concerned, the newest mainstream drivers from Nvidia have now rendered all first-gen Kepler GPUs such as that GTX 650 Ti obsolete: The 45x.xx drivers introduced CUDA 11, which now no longer supports any GPU that has Compute Capability version 3.0 at all (meaning that the newest display drivers will install for that GTX 650 Ti, but CUDA processing will be "permanently" disabled).

In other words, you lost both QuickSync with the older, near-obsolete CPU and MPE GPU accelerated rendering with this old GPU. The only fix for you would be a new GPU (graphics card).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, your knowledge is truly impressive: I"m grateful for your response, many thanks.

Phew!! Is there no avenue out for me? Things worked so well until I upgraded from PP 19 to 20. I had the most beautiful little butterfly behaviour videos built from footage taken on my GH4 with an excellent macrolens.

Please, please help. I'm not sure I have funding right now for a new GPU, and I don't know which one to buy.

What about these two potential avenues out for the time being:

1) revert back to an older version of PP that will "accept" my Intel 4600 card. I've looked, it appears not possible, but I hope I'm wrong?

2) try a different video-building program (scary after years of using PP). I don't need much more than quality rendering, cutting and editing, and adding the odd title or caption. There's so much I don't use on PP, though I love to explore and find out new things.

3) absolutely anything else?

Finally: I get from you that the future will be a discrete GPU card. Or will it be integrated GPU cards as per combination of Intel and AMDL? In other words, what can one do to prevent having to buy just about a whole new computer every couple of years? I'm not making money with my videos, I'm rendering a service to lepidopterists (butterfly people). When you look ahead, what do you see? The sense I get from you is to get a new discrete GPU and run purely from that, while disabling Intel on my PC? Am I right about this? Sorry for repeating info, I'm frankly paranoid about this situation. I'm worried that I won't be able to build my little videos any more. Please advise, and sorry if I'm slow to understand, I don't have nearly your in-depth knowledge about this... Thanks again for answering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are planning to keep your existing PC, then simply a new discrete graphics card will be my suggestion. With that CPU of yours, don't go above a GTX 1660 SUPER as all of the RTX GPUs will be bottlenecked by your PC's CPU.

And integrated on-CPU graphics will not suffice, as far as Windows PCs are concerned: Every single one of them still falls well behind even a cheapo GT 1030 in GPU performance (as far as GPGPU processing is concerned). Even the best (so far) integrated GPU in terms of GPGPU performance, the one that's integrated into the Apple M1 CPU inside the newest low-end Macs, is only on a par with a typical last-gen (Pascal, or GTX 10xx series) discrete GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all for sharing this good information..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing the same issue and I'm very upset with adobe because of that. I do have a dedicated Nvidia GTX 960, then why premiere insists to use the Intel Graphics? I'ts not letting me work and I'm angry because of that. It seems like all my time using Creative Cloud was full of problems from the same nature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

finally. Use Adobe Premiere 2019 for Edit Fast Export in Cpu Mode & Use Adobe Media Encoder 2021 if you have Nvidia Card for Best Export

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I had this issue for a long time but now I managed to figure out why (and fix it), so I'll share it here: way before starting to use Adobe products, I had a spare old monitor in my house and I decided to use it as my second screen. But since it was old, it only had a VGA connection (and my graphic card did not), so instead of buying a proper adaptor (or a new monitor), I decided to do s sketchy trick and re enable my motherboard onboard video output (since it was vga and I had the cable). It worked fine and never interferred with my offboard GPU... but after a long time, this year I finally upgraded my monitors to full HD ones (meaning newer connections) and I no longer had to use this hijack approach I was using, so I disabled that on my BIOS.

And... this Adobe Premiere Error dissapeared! 

So it was my fault and I never realized that since I was using my onboard video out for my second monitor way before starting to use Premiere. Anyways, lession learned, never use your onboard video if you have the GPU (even if it seems to work just fine as mine used to). 

I hope it helps someone here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines