• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

System Compatibility Report Intel HD Graphics 4000 and NViDEA GeForce GTX680M

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both Adobe Premiere Pro CC and AfterFX CC start with a system compatibility report popup saying both my Intel HD Graphics 4000 and NVIDEA GeForce GTX680M graphic cards have unsupported video drivers. The "FIX" button doesn't help. Premiere and AfterFX worked with no video card driver issues before updates to the 2020 versions. Why does Adobe change their programs so exisiting customers suddenly can't use Adobe Creative Cloud apps? Previously effectively working computer compatible with all my Adobe Creative Cloud apps last year now suddenly has unsupported video drivers and the programs now don't work right...that's just wrong for Adobe to do that.  Intel and NVIDEA websites run their diagnostics and both say my computer has their latest drivers so this is an Adobe issue, not a video card maker's issue/ 

I'm running windows 10 on a laptop with an Intel Core I7-3740QM CPU @ 2.7 GHz with:

1. an Intel HD Graphics 4000 driver version 10.18.10.4358, the latest version. Adobe says use their download driver vsn 24.20.100.6286 but that's for an Intel Graphics 520.

2. Nvidea GeForce GTX 680M driver version 25.21.14.2531, the latest version installed 1/11/2020 release date 04/11/2019. 

How can I get my existing equipment to work with Adobe Premiere and AfterFX without changing my video cards or drivers? Why can't Adobe fix their programs to make them compatible and work again with our video cards and drivers like they worked last year? 

Would appreciate your help and suggestions as to what I need to do to get Premiere Pro and AfterFX working again on my computer. Thank you.

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As another user, I can sympathize  ... but I can't say that time stands still either.

That's older gear. I've had computers in my shop since the 80's. And my main rig, built just over 3 years ago, is getting replaced because it's old. Already.

We're dumping yet another of our older rigs and moving things down the line.

Again.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Neil stated, your hardware is too old. Intel had already discontinued support (outside of archived driver releases) of its 3rd-Generation CPUs back in 2018. And the end-of-support for all Kepler mobile GPUs was announced by NVIDIA itself last year, with security fixes continuing until this coming April.

However, in addition to the 6th-Generation or later CPU requirement for Premiere Pro 2019 and 2020, Premiere Pro 2020 now requires a driver version number higher than 430 just to run properly. Unfortunately, this driver release and any later ones are incompatible with any Kepler mobile GPUs including your GTX 680m.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try going into your bios settings and disabling your Intel HD Graphics 4000.  Usually you hold F10 or F11 as you restart and your BIOS should pop up research your motherboard BIOS and figure how to deactivate CPU as an integrated graphics option.  

There is no reason to have integrated processing graphics used ever if you have a GTX 680 plugged in. 

This solved my problem.  I have no errors so far using premiere pro and Adobe is working flawless atleast like im used to it working. 🙂    Good Luck!

I'm using a desktop with a I7-3770K processor, GTX 680 Superclocked 2GB VRAM https://www.newegg.com/evga-geforce-gtx-680-02g-p4-2684-kr/p/N82E16814130771

In a desktop card still works great!  but I need more VRAM as my model is only 2GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is, the thread starter has a laptop, not a desktop. And most laptops cannot be upgraded at all by the user with regards to the CPU and the GPU. And Nvidia has ended all support for all Kepler mobile GPUs as of this month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This reply might not solve the OP's issue, but it solves mine! I'm on a desktop running an i7-3770k with a GTX 1060 and you are correct in that there's really no reason I should be using the onboard graphics. So thanks for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you ever get this resolved because I am having the same issue. It says i need a 4000 GPU and I have that, so not sure why i cant proceed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem resolved. New Windows 10 laptop with i9 processor, 32Gb RAM and a GeForce RTX2080 Super 8Gb video card (already outdated) did the trick. Premiere Pro CC and AfterFX now start great with no video driver issues. Adobe should  pay for my laptop I needed to purchase to get their programs to work. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since the implementation of a subscription-only model, Adobe has in recent years become more and more elitist about both the age and the performance of the computer hardware that's required to run its software properly.

And Adobe is not alone in this: Even Microsoft is becoming more and more elitist as well. Microsoft had cut off support to certain low-end CPUs that are even five years old, let alone 20 years old, by simply making such recent low-end PCs ineligible for an update/upgrade to any version of Windows 10 newer than 1607 (late 2016), while only continuing security updates to those particular PCs until the end of the Windows 8.1 support life (which will come in 2023).

By the way, Intel had discontinued security patches for the Ivy Bridge CPUs in late 2020, officially rendering them as EOIS'd (End Of Interactive Support) status. The next feature update to Windows 10 - version 21H1 - may require a 4th-Gen (which has been listed as "discontinued" since October 2017, but is still receiving security updates to its IGP driver with the latest dating from February 2021) or newer CPU just to even install at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strangely, one of my desktop has Intel HD 3000 where PP works without any error. Another PC has relatively newer Intel HD 4000 where this error pops up.Could never resolve since. Tried formatting the PC with new versions of all software. igfix recipe... NOTHING!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Simply put, the HD Graphics 3000 does not support GPGPU processing at all. In fact, it does not have even OpenCL support at all! This will force software-only everything (decoding, encoding and effects rendering) without any compatibility report warning if that is your sole GPU in your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines