Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

System compatibility report Intel HD Graphics 46000

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I would like to know why this error appears every time I open Premiere if I have a GTX 960M graphic. My computer has an Intel i7-4790 processor that includes the HD 4600 but obviously is not the main one, is the GTX 960M.

What should I do? Thank you

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Try ignoring and dismissing the message.  Then see if you can set up a project with the Video Renderer set to Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (Metal) - Recommended.

If you can do all that, then I think Pr is using your 960 and just warning you about the HD 4600.

I'm on a Mac now, but the last time I ran into this issue was on my Windows box that had dual Nvidia GTX cards. Pr liked my 780 but warned me about my 560. Pr ran just fine after I dismissed the warning.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try ignoring and dismissing the message.  Then see if you can set up a project with the Video Renderer set to Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (Metal) - Recommended.

If you can do all that, then I think Pr is using your 960 and just warning you about the HD 4600.

I'm on a Mac now, but the last time I ran into this issue was on my Windows box that had dual Nvidia GTX cards. Pr liked my 780 but warned me about my 560. Pr ran just fine after I dismissed the warning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for your response. Just before you wrote to me I did some research and activated the Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration, but not Metal, but CUDA. What I saw is that the one you indicated is for Mac and CUDA is for PC. The truth is that I don't know what it is for, I only saw that they recommended to do it.

In that case I will disable the error report notifications and that's it.

What I still don't understand is why it warns me about something that in theory Premiere is not using. I have read that some processes, even if you have a dedicated GPU, are carried out by the CPU and that's why it warns you. But it was not very clear to me either.

Now it is time to learn what the Mercury Playback Engine is for.

Thank you very much for your answer. Greetings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines