• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

System Compatibility Report: NVIDIA Quadro K5100M unsupported Video Driver (need help fixing)

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
When I open Premiere or After Effects, I get this error:

System Compatibility Report:
Video: NVIDIA Quadro K5100M (FIX button)
Unsupported Video Driver

I've tried going to the fix button and downloading a NVIDIA Quadro Series (Notebooks): Quadro K5100M Ver.R418 U9 (426.78). When I opened up Premiere again, it still showing up the same problems.

please help, thank you

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As John T Smith stated, this cannot be fixed at all. Nvidia had already ended all support for all Kepler mobile GPUs as of this past April. And the two newest versions of Premiere Pro now require a driver version that's 451.77 or higher just to even run properly, especially with GPU acceleration.

In other words, the K5100M is now obsolete for Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm having the same issue with my HP ZBook 17 G2. It has a no longer supported K3100M in which I was hoping to upgrade to a K5100M but after reading this thread I realise this is no longer supported by Adobe either. Weirdly though Adobe's 'recommended' list, (link below) says the K4100M is supported, (and recommended!). Does anyone know the truth of all this.

I get no love from HP or Nvidia regarding viable upgrades, (they just want me to spend £2000 on a new notebook) but there must be a viable solution rather than chucking a perfectly good ZBook in the bin!!

I need to know the new card will

1) fit the slot

2) not have heat sink issues

3) Not have firmware issues

4) be compatible with Prem Pro V22.

Anyone help would be greatly received.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements/2019.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your link is pointing to 2019 version.

This is what is required for 2022:

https://helpx.adobe.com/nl/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. Do you know if any of the cards on your updated link are compatible with a ZBook 17 G2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I dont.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since your ZBook 17 G2 has an MXM 3.0-compatible slot for an upgraded GPU, and your original Quadro K5100M is an MXM 3.0b card, you may be able to upgrade all the way to a Quadro P4000 Mobile or P5000 Mobile GPU. You see, laptops cannot accept full-sized internal PCIe card-based GPU cards at all. Any GeForce cards of roughly equal performance specs available in the MXM 3.0b format may be too large for your laptop's available space or GPU cooling configuration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your help. It looks like I'll have to upgrade the whole notebook.Sent from my Galaxy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Carmela,

I hope you eventually solved your issue. Sounds like you need new hardware. If others are finding this post via search, please create a new post with your system info and media you are working with. Hopefully, the community can make suggestions for you there. This post is now locked.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines