Highlighted

System performance choices

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community,

Ive recently bought a new system for faster editing and quick render improvements. Now I'm stuck with this choice:

RTX 3080 10gb 

or

2x (dual gpu setup) rx 5700 xt 8gb (per piece)

I'm wondering: What is better? and does anyone have any experience with dual gpu setup and thus improving workflow?

adobe says: 

• (Optional) Multiple GPUs, including eGPUs, can be used to speed up rendering and export.

but is this true?

thanks.

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

System performance choices

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community,

Ive recently bought a new system for faster editing and quick render improvements. Now I'm stuck with this choice:

RTX 3080 10gb 

or

2x (dual gpu setup) rx 5700 xt 8gb (per piece)

I'm wondering: What is better? and does anyone have any experience with dual gpu setup and thus improving workflow?

adobe says: 

• (Optional) Multiple GPUs, including eGPUs, can be used to speed up rendering and export.

but is this true?

thanks.

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are comparing the RTX 3080, one of the top of the line video graphics cards, to the 5700 XT which is a mid-range graphics card.

Two 5700 XT will never be faster or as fast as one RTX 3080. Multiple GPU's can indeed be faster than one graphics card but thats only the case when:

- you have 2 cards which have similar performance than the 3080, like the 2080 or 2080 Ti

- you have 2 3080's. No surprise here.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 1
12 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hah.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
12 hours ago 0
Ann Bens LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
10 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
10 hours ago 0