Tab items are greyed out

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All options under my tabs are greyed out. I can't access items like "import" under the File tab. Also, when I try to open a file, it will not allow for any options other than those files that are Premier pro. I have installed the NVIDIA Driver and updated Premier Pro. 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to have a project open to import something as you import into projects, not the app itself.

Create a Project ... New Project in the menu. With that opened, now you will be able to access other menu items like importing files.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This was my first time using the app. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Ann Bens LATEST
Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post screenshot!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro is a complex and dense app. The initial learning curve is steep ... and then once you start getting the hang of things, it gets ... steeper.

I really recommend getting a month or two of subscription to LinkedInLearning. Download and work with the teaching/project files as you work through 3-5 of the Premiere Pro courses there. You'll be SO much farther along a month or two out than you can be otherwise.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines