Tab Stops In New Essential Graphics

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First post and newbie PP user running PP CC v12.0. . I have thoroughly searched these discussions for any information on how to use tab stops in the new Essential Graphics routine for text and I can't find anything. Ditto from the Adobe Support pages. As it is, I can't even figure out how to USE the tab width tool, and what I'm trying to do is set left, center, and right justified tabs for credits at the end of a video. Stops used to work in the old Titler panel so I'm sure they're as useful if not more in the new routine. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

KB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If jstrawn​ could help, that would be sweet ...

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll keep my fingers crossed, Neil. :=)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tab Width is what we have for Graphics now, which you just make wider or narrow by changing the value in the EGP. The old titler is still there by File > New > Legacy Title or by opening a legacy title (prtl) in a project if you prefer their tab stops.
The way to get a multi column roll layout is to make three text layers within one Graphic - one flush left, one centered, one flush right. Then use align/distribute controls or just manually space them by eye. Then make the whole roll a Graphic.

If you have an accessible share folder, I have a royalty-free two-column example (with intro, pinning and various layer types) that I made myself that might help you get started. The forum will not let me attach a .mogrt file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the post, James!

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second that emotion, James, thank you and...DUH, why didn't *I* think to use three different graphic text objects for the columns?! it was the old way with the "drag the tab stops" that threw me but NOW I have the answer and I can't thank you enough.

KB

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jstrawn,

Can I have that "royalty-free two-column example (with intro, pinning and various layer types)"?

I'm having the same issue, and would be awesome if I can solve this thing.

Thanks in advance!!! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure thing, but I'll need a CC Files or dropbox location or something like that, because this fourm will only let me attach images. The sample credit mogrt is 38 MB because of the thumbnail preview video it contains. The roll itself is small in size and shoudl perform pretty well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Tab Width is what we have for Graphics now, which you just make wider or narrow by changing the value in the EGP."

Where? How? It's December 2020 and this isn't any more self-evident than it was in 2018.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WAS DRIVING ME CARAZAY!!! Thanks! Tab stops has an onscreen ruler to use. Pretty slick actually ... 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines