• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Takes a really long time to import MXF into Adobe Media Encoder

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, it took almost an hour to import an .mxf file into Premiere on a Windows Machine. Seems like this needs to be fixed.

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not having any issue importing mxf here ... wonder what the deal is?

What created that media file?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working from a cloud server, so that could be the reason as well. 

Just was wondering if anyone else has this problem working with a Windows Machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So the file is 'up there' and not local? That could likely be the cause.

I and a partner are working online through LucidLink ... which does a magical job of providing online video file usage. He's in Cape Town SA, I'm in Oregon/USA, and our LucidLink filespace is in London. He loads a folder of media, I see the folder in less than a minute on the virtual drive on my computer. Shortly after that, I can actually import the files into PrPro and start working away.

Totally puzzled as to how they do this, as we've tried that with we-transfer, dropbox and a couple others, didn't even come close to this kind of performance.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines