Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Taking a frame from imported video in extension panel

Explorer ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I'm building a custom panel and I need to show a frame of an imported video inside my panel.

I have the following within my panel context -

- the path to the target video file

- imported that video into the project

Is there a way to do it?

TOPICS
How to , Import , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

How to get current time, from Source monitor: https://github.com/Adobe-CEP/Samples/blob/6882de3e9919f458d4f6e30b0e1cf1a73365cc01/PProPanel/jsx/PPRO/Premiere.jsx#L361

You may have to do some math, based on in point and starting time code.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

You could transcode the projectItem (or source media, if it's not a project item), using a .jpg output preset (.epr file), and a very short time range (one frame).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Programmatic rendering requires AME (for which every PPro user is licensed); no, there is no way to get that source frame, without transcoding. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any reason you can't open the media, to that frame, in the Source monitor? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can do that. But then, say I paused at a certain frame in the Source monitor, can I access the time of that frame, relative to the source video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to get current time, from Source monitor: https://github.com/Adobe-CEP/Samples/blob/6882de3e9919f458d4f6e30b0e1cf1a73365cc01/PProPanel/jsx/PPR...

You may have to do some math, based on in point and starting time code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I succeeded capturing current time from source monitor. But I also need the actual frame, I can take a frame from active sequence via exportFrameJPEG method on activeSequence object, is there a way to do the same with sourceMonitor object? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could transcode the projectItem (or source media, if it's not a project item), using a .jpg output preset (.epr file), and a very short time range (one frame).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks. using transcode requires Adobe Media Encoder. is there a way to get a frame from a source video without a mediator? from the panel.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Programmatic rendering requires AME (for which every PPro user is licensed); no, there is no way to get that source frame, without transcoding. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines