Highlighted

Taking hours to export 3 minte 1080p 60fps video

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Source content: MP4 files, 1920x1080 120fps

Exporting: H.264 (tried quicktime too) MP4 1920x1080 60fps

New pc (relevant specs below), both projects so far have been exceedingly laggy. Rendering effects takes SO long and it's impossible to see what the effects even look like because the video playback is displaying about 1 frame every 3-5 seconds

Yes, gpu encoding is enabled.

Effects used: gaussian blur, speed ramping, scale, color correction, rsmb (laggy before this was applied anyway, and tried rendering without it with the same 4 hour export time as a result).

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (similar editing performance to the i7 9700k)

GPU: Radeon RX 5700 XT

RAM: 16GB DDR4 3600mHz

SSD: 500gb m.2 NVME ssd (Crucial P1)

I have been looking for a solution but other posts have been either 1) about go-pro footage or 2) inconclusive and essentially saying "your specs aren't good, but you can do this to make it a little better." This hardware should absolutely not be struggling with such a basic project. Any insight?

Sorry if this is a repost, I made one other post about this but after I hit post it went away and did not show up in my profile or the homepage so I wrote it again. 

Topics

Error or problem, Export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Taking hours to export 3 minte 1080p 60fps video

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Source content: MP4 files, 1920x1080 120fps

Exporting: H.264 (tried quicktime too) MP4 1920x1080 60fps

New pc (relevant specs below), both projects so far have been exceedingly laggy. Rendering effects takes SO long and it's impossible to see what the effects even look like because the video playback is displaying about 1 frame every 3-5 seconds

Yes, gpu encoding is enabled.

Effects used: gaussian blur, speed ramping, scale, color correction, rsmb (laggy before this was applied anyway, and tried rendering without it with the same 4 hour export time as a result).

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (similar editing performance to the i7 9700k)

GPU: Radeon RX 5700 XT

RAM: 16GB DDR4 3600mHz

SSD: 500gb m.2 NVME ssd (Crucial P1)

I have been looking for a solution but other posts have been either 1) about go-pro footage or 2) inconclusive and essentially saying "your specs aren't good, but you can do this to make it a little better." This hardware should absolutely not be struggling with such a basic project. Any insight?

Sorry if this is a repost, I made one other post about this but after I hit post it went away and did not show up in my profile or the homepage so I wrote it again. 

Topics

Error or problem, Export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have very high framerate footage that's in a poor editing codec. For every frame of h264 that you want to display the computer has to decode frames from all around it in order to rebuild what that one image is. That's taxing when the footage is 24-30 fps, but at 120 that's a lot of frames that need to be decoded for every second of video. It's also going to add time to every single thing you do after that from speed ramping to color grading. And I'm willing to bet that RSMB is going to be the major difference here. 

Adding on because I just did a test with 30 seconds of 720p 60fps footage in an h264 codec exported at same specs in h264 @ 10Mbps:

No effects: 3 seconds

RSMB added: 73 seconds.

That's a 2400% increase in encode time with just RSBM. In your situation you have higher resolution, higher framerate, and even more effects applied, and probably a much higher bitrate on export. Hopefully this is helpful in understanding what you're seeing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines