• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Target sequence does not include all audio tracks from Multicamera source sequence

Participant ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After creating a mulicamera source sequence with four audio tracks, I then select "Make new sequence from clip" to edit with.  But the target sequence clip only has one audio track (A1), not all four.  And this happens seemingly intermittently.  Most of the time all of the audio clips are included in the sequence clip but every so often only one comes through.  Please clue me in on what's going wrong.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can open the Multicam clip in a timeline view by right-clicking and choosing Open in Timeline. Check the track targeting is activated for all the tracks.

Also you can check how the audio channels are formatted byt right-clicking and choosing Modify>Audio Channels. Check you are outputting the correct number of channels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike -

I made sure I did these two things you recommended, track targets were all turned on and the channels assigned correctly, and remade the target sequence from the multicam sourse sequence and still no dice.  Instead of all 4 tracks of audio, there are just two with no waveforms (no matter, I just went to Sequence > Render Audio and got the waveforms traced.)  Again, this is an intermittent problem - most of the time the target sequence comes out with all the tracks in the multicam sourse sequence.  Any other ideas why sometimes the correct number of audio tracks don't carry over to the target sequence?  

Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 3.58.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 3.59.18 PM.png

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your screengrab you have 4x stereo tracks in your multicam which means you have 8 channels (1x Left, 1x Right in each clip/track) but the multicam source sequence is only outputting 4 channels...which I can see from the little '4' shown on the 'Master' track. That's something to check.

You say this is intermittent...when you create the multicam are you using Automatic for Audio Channels Preset? This could account for sometimes clips having different configs. The track order is affected by the order you select your clips when you create the multicam - this could also be the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply. 

(I haveemail notification turned on when someone replies but I don't seem to be getting them hence my belated response.)

So, you've pointed out a couple things I don't know about.  One is 'the 4 on the Master track.'  I see on the target sequence (the green one) a  four to the right of the 2 tracks.  Is this what you mean?  If so, it indicates how many channels are in each track - in this case, 4 per track even though there is only one waveform on the track, not 4?  

For a multicamera source clip with four tracks, one channel per track, what should the target sequence look like?

There are no parameters to select when you select "New sequence from clip" so, like you've indicated, the mistake in the workflow is in the parameters while making the multicam clip. I am aware that track order is affected by the order I select and I'm careful to select in the order I want the mulitcams to stack on the video tracks.   For the audio, I have selected "Camera 1" since the audio I am using was 'wired' to Camera 1 in the capture on the set.

Any more tips and clues are welcomed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines