Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tascam 701-D HDMI Start Stop Trigger With Canon 5d Mark 4

Guide ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone.

If I am using my Sony PXW-Z150, and Have the Camera HDMI To the Tascam HDMI IN, and From Tascam HDMI OUT to any Monitor, I can easily press Start Record and Stop Record from my Camcorder, and Therefore, Tascam Recorder Starts, and Stops Recording at the same time. This is a very good feature for syncing.
But, when I use my Canon 5d Mark 4, It does not work. I have contacted Tascam, and they told me that Canon 5d Mark 4 Is compatible, and it should work.
Any help Please
Thank you very much.

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not familar with Canon DSLRs, but if they are like the Sony Mirrorless cameras and camcorders like your Z150, then you should look in the menus for the section that allows you to configure the HDMI output of the camera.

In that area of menu settings, there should be a setting for "HDMI Record Control" or similar, which you will want toggled on.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Meg The Dog.

Control Over HDMI is Enable.

HDMI Display Is on Default Icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sending timecode on the HDMI out?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No Timecode. I usually Record with Rode NTG4+  and sometimes using Sennheiser EW112P G4 Wireless Lavalier Mic Directly to the Tascam XLR. Later I copy Paste the Tascam Recordings, and the Canon 5D Video, and the Recording Into PluralEyes4 to Sync. I only use the Canon 5d Recording for the Reference, Later Inside Premiere, I delete It.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines