Template very blurred

Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a zoom problem.

First I show a news template as an intro. Then there is a cut to a nested sequence [when the writing "NEWS" is faded in].

The template is now embedded in a picture of the TV studio that is zoomed in on the long shot.

Unfortunately, the template and the moderator are very blurred at the beginning due to the strong zoom. Can I solve the problem?

I am enclosing the video so that you can see it better.

Would be great if you had an idea for me!

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Feb 04, 2021
Richard van den Boogaard Adobe Community Professional , Feb 04, 2021
If the source image is a vector (or large in size), you can use Illustrator or Photoshop to create a larger (e.g. 4K or 8K version) of it so you have more wiggle room in terms of resolution to play with in Premiere Pro.   But the best way to approach is, is to use After Effects, not Premiere Pro, for this VFX work. In AE you have the ability to use Continually Rasterize to avoid getting pixelation from vector content.

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just done. 😉

Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see you have to download the video file. If you don't want that, you can take a look at the screenshots here:

1st picture: Template normal fullscreen:
Zoom2 Template normal.PNG

2nd picture: after cut. The template is now on the picture from the TV studio and is strongly zoomed in. Extremely blurred image:

Zoom3 Template in TV-Studio zoomed in.PNG

3. Picture zoom out after 1 second. Very blurred image:

Zoom4 Template in TV-Studio zoomed out Second 1.PNG

4. Picture zoom out after 6 seconds. Image sharp: 

Zoom5 Template in TV-Studio zoomed out Second 6.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the resolution of you news template? Looks like it might be less than the main video.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

thank you for answering.

In the full screen I find this information for the clip (right mouse button / properties): 1920 x 1080 30,00 fps

In the nested unit it seems to have the same resolution.
I show screenshots here:

Zoom 1.PNG

The green clip is the nested unit. 

Inside the nested unit:

nested1.PNG

I copied the template onto the picture of the tv-studio (3x: middle, left and right).
Then I turned everything into one nested unit.
After this I zoomed in on the nested unit until the template filled the screen. The picture becomes blurred.

nested3.PNG

nested2.PNG

(nested unit with 3 templates - zoomed out)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you added the template to the screens did you reduce their size? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I reduced the scale from 100% to 16%.

I know, this is the problem. 

I have to zoom in the nested unit until the template is on 100% again. So I lose the quality. but what can I do, if I want to zoom out? I could handle the template sepately - but how can I reduce the size of the TV studio and the template synchronously when zooming out without the template "jumping"? (You feel what I mean? 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the source image is a vector (or large in size), you can use Illustrator or Photoshop to create a larger (e.g. 4K or 8K version) of it so you have more wiggle room in terms of resolution to play with in Premiere Pro.

But the best way to approach is, is to use After Effects, not Premiere Pro, for this VFX work. In AE you have the ability to use Continually Rasterize to avoid getting pixelation from vector content.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mickey Germany AUTHOR LATEST
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Thank you for the information.
After Effects. I'm still an Adobe newbie and I'm just getting used to Premiere Pro with AE, I have no experience. But I have to try that now.

You don't know of a tutorial that explains the task?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines