Highlighted

Terminator Dark Fate: Trailer Remix Challenge!

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2019-09-18 12.15.41.pngTerminator Dark Fate: Trailer Remix Challenge!

When director Tim Miller envisioned the new Terminator: Dark Fate movie, he knew Adobe Premiere Pro had the tools up to the task. Now we’re giving you the chance to remix the Terminator: Dark Fate trailer with Adobe Premiere Pro or Premiere Rush. Use source files from the film, plus a collection of free Adobe Stock assets — this is your moment to choose your fate.

Please discuss this challenge below. Let me know if you have any questions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Terminator Dark Fate: Trailer Remix Challenge!

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2019-09-18 12.15.41.pngTerminator Dark Fate: Trailer Remix Challenge!

When director Tim Miller envisioned the new Terminator: Dark Fate movie, he knew Adobe Premiere Pro had the tools up to the task. Now we’re giving you the chance to remix the Terminator: Dark Fate trailer with Adobe Premiere Pro or Premiere Rush. Use source files from the film, plus a collection of free Adobe Stock assets — this is your moment to choose your fate.

Please discuss this challenge below. Let me know if you have any questions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Guide ,
Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin. I'm gonna go for a 15 second trailer. I downloaded the first zip file and got media into resolve 15 with optimized stuff ( half res, DNxHR SQ) 30 fps rec 709 managed color. Will use CS6 audition and other stuff as needed. Is on silly game laptop now, and that's fine for this sort of thing.

Wish I had slated shots and sound (dialogue) but I might be able to sync close to first take and see if the rest is also in sync. Haven't got that far yet.

Is fun, though, just to have source materials that are halfway decent shots, and a story to tell.. that's like really important.

Thanks !

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmmm. This is not as easy as I thought. I did a bunch of internet searches to get a 'synopsis' of the story, and also who's who ( characters and relationships). Zero brainstorms so far. Trying to whittle down to the fundamentals is impossible without knowing the gist of the story to begin with. But I'm working on it.

is fun to try.

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you need to know the characters as you are "remixing" the trailer into a wholly new story. YOU are the one that has to create imaginary character traits, storylines, etc. I have an idea too. I think it will be hilarious.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remixing the Terminator: Dark Fate Trailer with Peter McKinnon | Adobe Premiere Pro Tutorial
Join Peter McKinnon as he shares his creative tip to help you edit your own trailer remix using Premiere Pro for the upcoming blockbuster, Terminator: Dark Fate. Peter walks you through how to create a low pass filter audio effect to help you design a cinematic audio effect using this simple tip inside Premiere Pro.

Low pass filter effects can be achieved with the FFT effect in Adobe Audition. Here are some resources:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2019-09-19 12.19.19.png

Recent tweet on the Adobe Premiere Pro channel.

I'll be back....I'll be back....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Editing an ACTUAL HOLLYWOOD MOVIE TRAILER!!
JOIN THE CONTEST! https://terminator.adobe.com/
Check out Peter McKinnon's tutorial on this trailer:
https://adobe.ly/30uMJCG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines