• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Terrible workflow of RED in Premiere 15.2

New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had a long interaction with Adobe chat about how Premiere implements the import of .r3d (RED) footage.  Their answer to me was: we're sorry and they chose to say goodbye when I asked to escelate the problem and try to understand when there may be a fix.  I'm so dissapointed.

It seems other apps can properly import RED footage from the camera metadata, but Premiere chooses to import the RED footage as LOG.

RED has outlined a workaround here:

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?185958-In-Camera-LUT-not-loading-In-PPCC-2021

But seriously, making a LUT and applying it to every clip in a timeline is a PATCH.  How do we even possibly get decent proxies to edit with?  they are all in LOG?

Is there no way to correctly intrepret the way Premiere brings in the file?  It won't even load the RMD from the camera or if we change it in RedCine.  FCP and Resolve can do it.

to to sum it up: 

Workaround to reload the RMD in premier- broken

Try to update the white balance in premiere- broken

Get the RMD to load a profile other than log and try to export a decent looking proxy- proxies still LOG!

When is this going to be fixed Adobe?

Final Cut and Resolve have a workflow- We have major projects coming up and this really makes me wonder what is going on and why I continue to use Premiere.

Please help Adobe ......

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi christopherk3282858,

We're sorry about the poor experience. We can get this checked by our product team. Would you mind sending a download link for the sample r3d file? Also, which RED camera was used to capture the file?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines