• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text bounding box hiding some text

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been searching here for a workaround but haven't found anything just yet soooo.....

My boss pointed out to me that the bottom of my text bounding box is clipping just a bit of the bottom of the "g" enough that he's noticing it. The tricky part is everything I'm doing to expand the size of the box is also expanding the size of the text. 

I just slapped my forehead as I'm writing this. I just added a return key at the end of the sentence and THAT expanded just the box and let the "g" shine through...

BUT, in the future, am I missing something here? Is there a way to expand the bounding box without resizing text?

Thanks gang!

John

Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 9.25.24 AM.png

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

embed.jpg

Please do NOT add images via the "attach files" box, as you are then forcing everyone to DOWNLOAD the file to view it outside their browser. Drag/drop the image files directly ONTO your reply box so other users can see them without needing to download unknown strange files.
Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dang, so sorry about that! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it's cut off when you are not viewing in the bounding box also?

What's the font?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Font is Proxima (?) and oddly enough yes, in the render and in the timeline the bottom of the "g's" are just cut off anough that it's noticable. Never encountered that before. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried Proxima soft and Proxima Nova/Thin, and can't replicate.

Which specific flavor are you using?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Proxima Nova Semi. Kept flatenning the G still. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just gave this a quick test. FYI, still on PR 14.3.0; Win10 PC.

Created a simple text in plain Arial font with a lower case g. I can see that the lower bounding box is right on the bottom of the g. On export as H.264, the text shows a flat bottom on the g.

I added a return and another line of text with a g. The upper g is fine. This is confirmed on export (H.264): the upper g is complete; the lower g has a flat bottom.

I could find no other thread re this. I am normally focused on this type of issue with caption streams, and do not remember this being raised before.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only way I could get around it flattening the bottom of the G was by just adding a return key strike at the end of the sentence. It worked, but just seems weird I had to do that. Thanks Stan!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines