Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text boxes have disappeared in Premiere Pro

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone.

I recently started adding titles to my Premiere Pro project. Until an hour ago, the text boxes would just show whenever I dragged the text button like I always do.

But now, the text boxes don't appear anymore. I can still see the text itself and I can edit it (without an indication of where I'm typing because the text-cursor has also vanished), but I can't see the boxes around them with the handles to make them bigger or smaller. Selecting the text also doesn't work anymore.

help me.png

I clicked on the Text tool and the box on the timeline, yet the box on the screen and its handles don't appear.

I tried to search if I accidentally did something with the preferences, but that's all the same. I seriously don't understand what on earth could have happened. Please, help me. And yes, I've already tried restarting the program, creating a new file, a new sequence, everything; the boxes still don't show.

Thank you for reading! I hope anyone can help me with this because I have a serious deadline coming up.

Regards,

Lisa

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

The most frequent reason for this: you have Windows advanced scaling set to 125%. (Microsoft recommendation is not to set custom scaling.) While you should be okay, it does not work in some recent versions of PR. See this thread for info and workarounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most frequent reason for this: you have Windows advanced scaling set to 125%. (Microsoft recommendation is not to set custom scaling.) While you should be okay, it does not work in some recent versions of PR. See this thread for info and workarounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your response! I couldn't really fix it myself, but after I pressed buttons for thirty minutes, the boxes came back!

Very odd indeed, but thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very small adjustments of the window up or down can make the boxes appear or disappear....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have the same issue, and setting the scaling back to 100% fixed it, however now everything is too small to see clearly on my monitor because 125% is the automatic "recommended" setting on my screen. I recently was editing with a borrowed second monitor and I think thats when i noticed the issued started, it was fine before then so is there a different fix that isnt related to scaling?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At times 150% or 200% can work but not 125% or 175%. You can try those.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how exactly would i be able to fix this though? i'm completely new to PR and i for the most part only know the very basics. like where would i click?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to get the bounding box for a text object to display in Premiere Pro (2019 - version 13.1.2 build 9) by going to the Program monitor (the big panel in the top-right corner of the Editing layout (Window > Workspaces > Editing), the one that shows the video preview), selecting the wrench icon at the bottom, and then turning on Rulers.

Without the rulers turned on I get no bounding box on the text, nor on masks, sssoooo....yeah...it's inconvenient in the default setting. But we're good now though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting.

Here's another thread where that was reported as a workaround for using 125% advanced windows scaling.

Re: CAN'T HIGHLIGHT TEXT OR ADJUST SIZE PREMIERE CC19 PROBLEM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where is the wrench icon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the program monitor panel, bottom right mostly, just by the timecode to the right at the bottom of the image.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice one!! This has been bugging the crap out of me since I turned my rulers on! Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem in v14.0.4, this thing should be solved, 125% scale on 1920x1080 is something set by default on many laptops!
Thanks to jb_5549_att answer, I solved it by adding the rulers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines