Highlighted

Text Lag

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Premiere Pro 2020, and a few weeks ago started having problems with a lag happening whenever there is text on the screen. The lag happens wherever text is on the screen and is in the form of taking seconds to register a selected layer, and increasing / decreasing the video view with the slider bar - this lags to a catatonic level. What used to take minutes is now taking 5-6 times the amount of time to do.
Without text it goes like lightning and I can edit fast and accurately, but add text and it's like someone chained a pallet of concrete blocks to rear of the car and it just can't go. It seems to me that this can't possibly be a hardware compatibilty problem if the video side is unaffected until the text is added, plus as I said at the start it's only been happening in the last 3 weesk or so. I feel like everytime there's an update the program finds another issue to trip over! When I first started using it it worked like a dream, but over time it just keeps getting worse and worse.
Anyway does someone have a solution (in plain English - ie I am not an IT expert!!) - this is driving me insane!

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Text Lag

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Premiere Pro 2020, and a few weeks ago started having problems with a lag happening whenever there is text on the screen. The lag happens wherever text is on the screen and is in the form of taking seconds to register a selected layer, and increasing / decreasing the video view with the slider bar - this lags to a catatonic level. What used to take minutes is now taking 5-6 times the amount of time to do.
Without text it goes like lightning and I can edit fast and accurately, but add text and it's like someone chained a pallet of concrete blocks to rear of the car and it just can't go. It seems to me that this can't possibly be a hardware compatibilty problem if the video side is unaffected until the text is added, plus as I said at the start it's only been happening in the last 3 weesk or so. I feel like everytime there's an update the program finds another issue to trip over! When I first started using it it worked like a dream, but over time it just keeps getting worse and worse.
Anyway does someone have a solution (in plain English - ie I am not an IT expert!!) - this is driving me insane!

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes if a system is on the edge of playability, one more effect can drive it over the edge.

So ... for a context here ... what is your OS/CPU/RAM/GPU, the driver for the GPU, the media involved and where it's stored, and how many of what types of drives are you using. Then we can start making useful questions and suggestions.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2020 0