• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text makes video white after render

Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just finished editing a video and after the render, the entire screen gets slightly brighter when text is on the screen. It's clearly noticeable when watching the video. In the preview window in premiere, this wasn't happening. Does anyone know what this issue could be caused by? I don't have any effects on the text throughout the video except in a few spots. I tried to attach the project file to this post but it wouldn't allow me. The link to the video is here.

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is clearly a screen-capture from a game ... is the clip VFR? Variable frame-rate?

If so, use the free app HandBrake to convert to CFR, by both clicking the CFR 'button' and setting a specific frame-rate number on the video page.

Import that into Premiere, and see if this happens.

Neil 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the recording is CFR and the rendering is in CBR. The flickering doesn't happen in the preview in Premiere Pro but only after the rendering.

Update/edit: seems that the footage that I was downloading from Twitch, even though it was being streamed in a CFR, it was being downloaded as a VOD in VFR. I've gone ahead and thrown it into Handbrake and hopefully replacing the footage doesn't put the audio and video out of sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. It just started recently. My video looks great while I'm editing but after render, I see the screen gets bright every time there is text. I'm editing videos from my gopro. I render at a constant bit rate of 40. (been using these same settings for a couple of years with no issues until recently). 

Here is an example. Just watch the video and you will see that when I put text in the lower left hand corner, the video changes to a lighter shade. 

https://youtu.be/_-hwpamcpwU?t=190

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I just solved it. Sorry I am so late but I was having this problem myself. Try changing Hardware Encoding to Software Encoding. Let me know if it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also found a fix for this. I changed my output to 60fps instead of 59.94fps. No more white 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines