Highlighted

Text or graphic overlay changes the contrast of footage underneath it when exported.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After rendering a project, I noticed that certain sections of clips would suddenly jump drastically in contrast.

I figured out that this happens whenever I have added text or a graphic overlay of some kind. 

I have attached an example video of what I mean. All I've done here is add text onto a video.

The footage seems to be exported with slightly more contrast than it has in the monitor in premiere and then when text/graphics appear it suddenly looks more washed out.

Is this a render setting? A project renderer problem? Something to do with the color space? HELP

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Averdahl | Adobe Community Professional

Try to go to Sequence > Sequence Settings and un-check "Composite in Linear Color...", click OK and try to export again and report back. 🙂

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Text or graphic overlay changes the contrast of footage underneath it when exported.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After rendering a project, I noticed that certain sections of clips would suddenly jump drastically in contrast.

I figured out that this happens whenever I have added text or a graphic overlay of some kind. 

I have attached an example video of what I mean. All I've done here is add text onto a video.

The footage seems to be exported with slightly more contrast than it has in the monitor in premiere and then when text/graphics appear it suddenly looks more washed out.

Is this a render setting? A project renderer problem? Something to do with the color space? HELP

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Averdahl | Adobe Community Professional

Try to go to Sequence > Sequence Settings and un-check "Composite in Linear Color...", click OK and try to export again and report back. 🙂

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 23, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

embed.jpg

...so we dont have to download unknown files: we help you, you help us. Thanks! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoops! Just posted a reply with the screenshots 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the screenshots from my exported video, you can see the contrast drop as soon as the text appears:

1.jpg2.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 2
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved my problem! Thanks for sharing your solution. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 1