Highlighted

Text sensitive to the bottom of the video

Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys good morning!

I came across a watermark that seemed to vary the light intensity according to the background.

I did a test here at the premiere and the closest I could get was using the overlay option in the opacity menu but it is still not what I need.

I need something sensitive to the bottom. What I saw the person used a white letter and when the background was light, it seems that the letter had the most intense white and when it passed through a dark area, the text was less intense.

Does anyone know how to do this?

I'll post the image showing how the text goes through these areas (youtube video)

If anyone can help, I appreciate it.
logo cazuza 2.jpg

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, Formats, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Text sensitive to the bottom of the video

Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys good morning!

I came across a watermark that seemed to vary the light intensity according to the background.

I did a test here at the premiere and the closest I could get was using the overlay option in the opacity menu but it is still not what I need.

I need something sensitive to the bottom. What I saw the person used a white letter and when the background was light, it seems that the letter had the most intense white and when it passed through a dark area, the text was less intense.

Does anyone know how to do this?

I'll post the image showing how the text goes through these areas (youtube video)

If anyone can help, I appreciate it.
logo cazuza 2.jpg

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, Formats, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried running through different blend modes?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested all the available modes and the one that comes closest is the overlay but even so the colors don't match as in the figure below note that when mixing with water, the letter does not remain white and the effect seems reversed. In the case I mentioned above, when the background is dark, the letter gets darker and on the light background, it has a highlight. I imagined that the "intense light" blending mode was the one used, but I also didn't get the desired effect.

logo cazuza teste.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try duplicating the layer a few times. Sometimes stacking them further intensifies the effect. You can also stack AND try different blend modes. for example: Layer 1 = overlay, Layer 2 = Intense Light

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to do what you said and nothing.
Very strange that ..
Surely there must be a way to do this but I have no deep knowledge in this regard so I posted the topic here on the forum 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another example of what I'm talking about. Note that when the background is white it seems to me that the text gains more contrast.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CD_MSbNpWl1bsHv8bxW7r3NGJFShA8WkenIr1U0/?igshid=1devixn8v0xfd

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That account is private. We are unable to see it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry...

In the youtube you can see

https://youtu.be/iLL67a7foqo

Osmo Action Camera 4k test in Rockport MA USA

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps the text was keyframed depending on the background ... ?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there is how I would do this Neil?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would need to do this as a graphic item through the Essential Graphics panel, rather than as an overalay.

If this is a single graphic you would import (as looks likely) you would import from file in the EGP Edit tab. Then set the text/graphic item "fill" to as bright as you'll ever need.

Then go to the ECP, for that text or graphic item/group, and use the Opacity keyframe well down in the options for that to back the apparent brightness down to what you prefer. Jog through the sequence, and adjust opacity for that up or down as needed.

This wouldn't do say the 'split' thing where part of the graphic over a dark blue is one brightness/hue, and the part over a near-white area is say darkened for better visibility.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Neil

I talked to my friend who is the "owner" of this video and he told me that he created the watermark in photoshop, exported it as PNG and then inserted it into the timeline using 70% opacity and the overlay and nothing else.

He also told me that the effect would not work by inserting the text inside the premiere and you have to use a PNG image but in both ways I was unable to replicate the effect.

According to him, there is no "secret" but I still think that some operation is missing so that the text when passing through a light part is "illuminated" and when it passes through a dark part, it becomes less evident.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh ... it's a png file with transparency because of the included alpha channel. So you need to figure out how to create and use alpha channels in graphics.

And yea, those are typically made in either Photoshop or AfterEffects if I recall correctly.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Neil

He told me that the big difference is in using a slightly gray letter with the blend option Light Linear ... But I believe that even he had not realized that this effect was created from that.

In my case here, I'm using a watermark that is filling the entire video diagonally and at a certain point in the footage, the sky appears with a lot of white light intensity (cloudy) and the watermark disappears because I'm using a opacity of 15 to 20% for the video, but in a certain scene, it disappears due to the light of the sky

I'm looking for a way in which the brand appears throughout the video.

I used a shadow that is partially resolving but still not what I want.

I see the video I made and at the end the sky appears with the watermark practically without appearing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weI1c2AHEIg

Voo de aproximadamente 9 Km via VLOS pela Orla do município de Peruíbe - SP Fábio Villela Fotografia Eternizando seu momento, sua emoção. www.fabiovillela.co...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 1