Text to Speech- functions missing

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I am trying to generate captions from an audio track. The "text" panel opens but is missing the tabs shown in the tutorials. It is just an empty box with no option to auto-translate.

Anyone else with this issue?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021
The PR 2021 captions help file says that the transcription option will be added in a later release. https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/premiere-pro/using/working-with-captions.ug.html    It is still restricted to those who requested and have been given access during testing.   Once it is there, in the Text (caption) Panel, you will see two tabs, Transcript and Captions.   What tutorial are you watching? Can you provide a link?   Stan  

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you doing this in the Captions workspace?

Neil

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PR 2021 captions help file says that the transcription option will be added in a later release.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/premiere-pro/using/working-with-captions.ug.htm...

It is still restricted to those who requested and have been given access during testing.

Once it is there, in the Text (caption) Panel, you will see two tabs, Transcript and Captions.

What tutorial are you watching? Can you provide a link?

Stan

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, you are right it is still in Beta. That's why the new tabs don't appear. This is the tutorial- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsLjVVs7SX4
She does mention that actually. I just missed it (the video is from October 2020 so I just assumed it was in the latest version).

I'm not sure if I want to install a Beta in the midst of an important project. I will continue to use Youtube's auto translate for now.

Thanks for your help.

In this Adobe Premiere Pro update video you're learning about the latest innovation to the captioning workflow in Premiere Pro. Sign up for the Speech to Tex...

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines