• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Dreaded "Adobe Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules. Please update your video display drivers and start again." Issue. Nothing listed in these forums is working for me.

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Premiere Pro CC 2018, latest updates
  • Mac OSX v10.11.5 (El Capitan - updated yesterday as this issue also happened with Yosemite and we though the OSX would update the drivers but they haven't)
  • iMac mid-2011; 2.8GHz Intel Core i7; 8GB 1333MHz DDR3; Startup Disk - 3TB; Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

I've been using Premiere Pro CS6 for some time but then I swapped over to my newer, faster laptop and used CC there (about 18 months ago), now the laptop is playing up so I'm back with my desktop where I've upgraded to Premiere CC latest version (can't go back after using CC) and I'm getting the above message, and it also takes ages to load.

I've scoured these forums and tried everything that everyone has suggested, all the workarounds that worked for everyone else aren't working for me. I've lost 2 days trying to find a fix and nothing is working.

I'm currently downloading the Premiere Pro CC vintage version through the adobe creative cloud installer in the hope that it may work, will advise.

In the mean time, does anyone have any other suggestions?

Yes, I've read and done the below (including checking user permissions, changing folder names in the library, creating a new user, restarting countless times, uninstalling and reinstalling, etc etc etc...):

Adobe Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules. Please update your video display d...

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/error-premiere--capable-video-play-modules.html

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

As suggested by multiple helpers above, I took the customer care option and had a great tech person help me using remote screen share. They started responding straight away and we found the fix really quickly. A great service. Should have gone there straight up, the moment the trouble started.

The solution was to go into the various Library Adobe folders and not just update your own user permissions, but ALL user permissions  (ie not just you but anyone else with a user account including "everyo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If nothing works Contact Customer Care and ask for video queue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait....what?

I don't see this option. I would Love to get useful actual support from Adobe. How is this done? The only support I've ever been able to receive was telling me that things couldn't be done, and that I'm welcome to add things to user voice, which you'd have better luck just developing a tool yourself.

I only see chat, phone, and forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Customer care is chat or phone: ask for video queue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right on. I had no idea. The only times we've needed support so far we found that support ended in a dead end, so I've never gotten that far. And when I say dead end I mean, "oh, yeah....something's broken. We'll get back to you." But then we never hear back and are stuck finding our own work around. Well, the current workaround for this machine is to....use a different machine. Mine actually had some interesting problems as well correlating with the 2019 update. I just couldn't open any of the video software, no error, just crash. I have 3 video cards. I have to disable all but one, then it works. This crash happened WITH the update. So it's definitely on Adobe, being that it worked before, now they changed things, and it doesn't. But my coworker hasn't found a workaround.

I've sent messages to Adobe about it though, so they have to know about the issue. I doubt all that many people are using external graphics cards anyway, but that's what I've got going on. Thunderbolt 3 really opened up some doors for laptops. But I have to wonder if this is a similar problem on workstations, because a Lot of those have multiple graphics cards. I'd be Pissed to have a $20K machine and have to disable all but one graphics card to edit video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MIIO,

Sorry for the issue. Thanks for the detail post. As you have already tried all the steps in this article: Error "Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules" | Startup

Please contact our chat support for further troubleshoot: FAQ: How do I contact Adobe Support? 

Thanks,

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think OP already looked at the link (see his own post)

And I gave him the contact adres.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MIIO,

As you have already tried all the possible troubleshooting steps, i would suggest you to get in touch with the support team.

Thanks for your contribution, Ann Bens.

-Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but this is getting a bit ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As suggested by multiple helpers above, I took the customer care option and had a great tech person help me using remote screen share. They started responding straight away and we found the fix really quickly. A great service. Should have gone there straight up, the moment the trouble started.

The solution was to go into the various Library Adobe folders and not just update your own user permissions, but ALL user permissions  (ie not just you but anyone else with a user account including "everyone" to “read and write”:

• Check for permissions in the User Library (right click on ADOBE folder and go to Get Info to change ALL USER permissions there to read and write)
  • Check for ALL USER permissions in the User Library/Application Support (same method as above)
  • Verify ALL USER permissions on the ADOBE folder inside the primary Documents folder on the main home menu bar, use the same method again.

Hope that helps someone else out there tearing their hair out like I have been!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got this sorted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes! Thank you! This is an old thread, but this worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines