Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The issue with lost render files is back

Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, for a couple of updates, and up to 14.4, Premiere seemed to have solved the infamous and OLD issue of, apparently, just losing the connection with the rendered video files once the user accessed the program again and opened the project they were working on. It's unbelievable how an issue that goes back to several years ago hasn't been solved forever with a silly "Relink renders" option or something similar. Anyways, the renders seemed to work for a while.
Now, with 14.5, the issue is back again, but apparently only with BRAW clips (which Blackmagic and Adobe claim to be fully compatible with Premiere Pro and Media Encoder, and they've been for quite some time now).
To trigger the issue, one just needs to have a timeline with a red line above BRAW video files, tell the software to render said timeline, have the line turn green, save the project, close Premiere Pro, open it again, access the project, and the line above the clips will be red again, the playback will be choppy with many dropped frames...in other words: it needs to render the timeline again.
As always, the render video files are correctly generated in Documents>Adobe>Premiere Pro>14.0>Adobe Premiere Pro Video Previews, they're playable and have no issue at all. It's not as if the program couldn't possibly reach them. They haven't been moved or renamed or anything.
Again, this time this seems to happen only to BRAW clips. I was able to correctly render and save and keep the renders of h.264 clips and timelines.
Also, very often (but not always) when I close Premiere Pro, the message "Error report cephtmlengine helper" appears. I don't know if it's connected or not.
I have MacOS Catalina 10.15.7 and a 2020 27'' iMac.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Just in case some people would see this thread, in the last version of BRAW Studio we fixed the issue about those preview files not linked anymore after PPro restart.

Finally, it was not due to an Adobe internal bug, but a behavior in our plugin.

So the green line stay now green (until some Source Settings are tweeked of course) !
Thanks Matteo for the feedback ! This issue can be solved I think.
Best,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see this thread in the forum's "Conversations" page. Has this been published?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still need assitance with this issue, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user peer support forum with some oversight by Product Support staff. So we're mostly all volunteer peer users here.

I'm also working with BRAW, without this issue in both the current public shipping and the public beta. I'm running with the Autokroma BRAW plugin, as it was simply far more reliable than the freebie from BM. So ... first question, which BRAW plugin are you using?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,
Yes, I know what this forum is. I haven't gotten lost. LOL! 🙂
After three days of the thread keeping on disappearing in the 10th page and not being responded, I said that I "please" need assistance; I wasn't screaming in anger that I needed to speak to the manager. Hehe.
I have no problem waiting what's needed and I understand people here are not paid and have their own private lives, of course.
Unfortunately, this (having the need to take the private time of volunteers) is the method Adobe themselves have provoked and encouraged as the main one to have things done, since they release buggy and unstable versions of their softwares and then use us all as beta testers, and, when you contact them personally about an issue, they either ignore you or tell you that they'll "look into it" and release an update "somewhere in the future".

Anyway, before we go back to the matter at hand, let me thank you for your time.
At the moment, I'm indeed using the official BM plugin. Do you recommend BRAW Studio?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, totally understood.

And yes, I do recommend the Autokroma one. Yea, it costs a few bucks. But it works, period, and I had constant problems with the BM one. And the Autokroma folks are constantly adding features that are useful, like the ability to make and save presets. Plus they give a lot of support.

In fact, they are the best ones to get support even for the BM plugin! @autokroma staffer Nicholas pops in here every once in a while offering information on working with the BM plugin. And their site has a ton of information.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The first thing you can try is to update your BMD Plugin. The last version is 1.8.1. If it still doesn't work, you can also test their last Beta 2.0.beta3 (but it is a Beta and should not be used in production). Be careful because updating could ruins your projects ! It happened to other users and after updating their BRAW files in the project were corrupted (red vertical bars on rendered braw frames).

Your issue also depends on your project settings : if you have GPU acceleration set or not, so you can test different configurations.

I tried with BMD plugin 1.8.1 and I reproduced your issue (after re-starting PPro, the line turns yellow/red). I tried with BRAW Studio many times and most of the time the line stays green, sometimes not (turns yellow). It seems a PPro bug which sometimes doesn't manage to link the preview file to the clip in timeline.

You can make your own tests by downloading the TRIAL of BRAW Studio. Don't forget to send us your feedbacks ! It will help us to improve our plugin. Also you can find all the difference between the BMD Plugin and BRAW Studio here.

Note : as a workaround you could also use proxies ! 

Best,

Nicolas from Autokroma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying with BRAW Studio and it does seem to be totally random! Like, really, usually, I'm the very precise and nerdy "experiment" guy, and I try several settings to see if and how something triggers or not, and, after a whole day of trying with 14.5, I give up: literally the same project, with the same video file, with the same plugins, etc., sometimes the line stays green and sometimes it goes back to red. It's random.
I'm going back to 14.4 for the moment being, but Adobe shoudl REALLY consider a super useful and easy to implement "Relink to render files" button.

Thank you guys for your assistance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback ! Yes it seems to come from an Adobe behavior, hope they will fix it one day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nicolas,

As always, thanks for your help here! It is SO appreciated.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just in case some people would see this thread, in the last version of BRAW Studio we fixed the issue about those preview files not linked anymore after PPro restart.

Finally, it was not due to an Adobe internal bug, but a behavior in our plugin.

So the green line stay now green (until some Source Settings are tweeked of course) !
Thanks Matteo for the feedback ! This issue can be solved I think.
Best,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines